• 46°

Rowan weather: Greater chance of rain today

Today brings a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Clouds will increase, but it will still be hot, with a high of 90. Wind will be calm until this afternoon, when it will be west southwest at 5-7 mph. A tenth to quarter inch of rain is possible.

Tonight’s chance of showers and storms will be 40 percent, mostly before 11 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy and 70, with calming wind. A tenth to quarter inch of additional rain is possible. Patchy fog will form after 4 a.m.

Thursday has just a 30 percent chance of showers in the morning, then showers and storms in the afternoon. The day will start with patchy fog, then become mostly sunny. The high will be 90 again, with west wind at 5-7 mph in the afternoon. Expect less than a tenth of an inch of rain.

The same chance of rain is possible Thursday night, which will be mostly cloudy and have a low of 70. Again, less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected.

Friday will be partly sunny and 89, with just a 20 percent chance of showers between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., then a chance of storms after that. Winds will be light from the northwest. Friday nigh will be mostly cloudy and 69, with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Saturday, it’s back to a 50 percent chance of showers between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., with thunderstorms possible after that. It will be partly sunny and 90. The same chance of rain is likely Saturday night. It will be mostly cloudy and 70.

Sunday’s chance of showers and storms is 60 percent, with mostly cloudy skies and a high of 87. Sunday night also has a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, with a low of 70 and mostly cloudy skies.

Monday, too, will have a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. It will be mostly cloudy and 87. The chance of showers Monday night will be 40 percent, with mostly cloudy skies and a low of 68.

Tuesday will have a 30 percent chance of showers, but will be mostly sunny and 88.

Comments

Crime

Salisbury Police chief addresses K-9 video, says officer separated from animal

Local

Rowan Rescue Squad sets record straight on fundraising typo

Local

City approves DOT agreement, Salisbury Station project could begin next year

Local

County plans to use vulture effigy, enforce violations to remedy animal carcass feeding problem

Education

Two weeks after ending enhanced protocols, Catawba has no COVID-19 cases

News

Council to hear revised version of Downtown Main Street Plan

Local

Veto override of NC school reopening bill fails in Senate

News

Political Notebook: Majority of likely voters, local legislators support school reopening bill

Coronavirus

COVID-19 vaccinations in Rowan top positives since start of pandemic

Crime

Man faces drug charges after breaking and entering call

Lifestyle

Waterworks schedules 2021 Summer ARTventures

Crime

Blotter: Man faces drug charges after being found passed out in vehicle

Ask Us

Ask Us: What programs exist for litter cleanup?

Business

County begins accepting restaurant grant applications

Crime

Blotter: Salisbury man charged with nine more felony sex offenses

Nation/World

Biden team readies wider economic package after virus relief

Nation/World

Spacewalking astronauts prep station for new solar wings

Nation/World

Cuomo sorry for remarks aide ‘misinterpreted’ as harassment

Nation/World

Trump calls for GOP unity, repeats lies about election loss

Education

Rowan County administers 700 vaccines, with majority going to local educators

Crime

Shoplifting at Walmart presents challenge for Salisbury police

Local

Commissioners will hear details about changes to solar energy policies

Business

After overcoming obstacles, local barber Daniel King earns registered status

Lifestyle

39th annual K12 student exhibitions go virtual