Blotter: Rash of vehicle break-ins prompts warning from Rowan County Sheriff’s Office
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, June 19, 2018
SALISBURY — The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is cautioning people to not leave valuables in their cars after a recent spree of car break-ins.
Six vehicle break-ins were reported Thursday in the Miller Chapel Road area.
Residents reported items being stolen from locked and unlocked vehicles. A car was stolen in the 200 block of Miller Chapel Road. Stolen items included a wallet, an SD card, $300 in cash, a $10 lottery ticket, a ring and two firearms.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported items stolen from the 600 block of North Main Street in Landis on Thursday.
• Deputies seized drug paraphernalia Thursday in the 100 block of Neel Road.
• Elijah Heath Francis, 22, was charged with disorderly conduct Thursday in the 600 block of West Liberty Street.
• Madison Grace Gibbons, 20, was charged Thursday with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Police seized marijuana Friday in the 300 block of Faith Road.
• Items were stolen from a home Friday in the 900 block of West Cemetery Street.
• A man reported items stolen from a vehicle Friday in the 100 block of South Avalon Drive.
• A woman reported items stolen Saturday in the 1300 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A man reported an assault Saturday in the 700 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A woman reported an assault Saturday in the 300 block of Ashbrook Road.
• Speedway on East Innes Street reported counterfeit bills Sunday.
• A woman reported items stolen from a vehicle Sunday in the 300 block of Faith Road.
• A woman reported items stolen Sunday in the 100 block of North Arlington Street.
• A woman reported items stolen from a vehicle parked at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center on Sunday.
• Police seized narcotics and firearms Monday in the 1500 block of East Innes Street.
• A woman reported an assault Monday in the 500 block of East Innes Street.
• Jonathan Thomas Koons, 40, was charged Saturday with hire to defraud.
• Delton Tyrone McCleave, 39, was charged Saturday with simple assault.
• Darell Eugene McCleave, 36, was charged Saturday with simple assault.
• Rodiver Acuna Ramirez, 38, was charged Sunday with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer.
• Kenneth Wayne Shephard, 48, was charged Monday with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer.