Police blotter: Man believed to have counterfeit money charged with marijuana possession
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man who was believed to be using counterfeit money was charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. He remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $5,000 secured bond.
Jeremiah Emmanuel Billingslea, 21, of the 500 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, was charged with resisting, delaying or obstructing an officer and simple possession of marijuana, both of which are misdemeanors.
The Salisbury Police Department was called to Friendly Mart, 727 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., when employees indicated they had a customer they believed was using fake money. When police arrived, they said, Billingslea was uncooperative.
He was found to have a small amount of marijuana, police said.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• Super 8 Motel on Monday reported vandalism at 925 Bendix Drive.
• A victim reported a sexual assault occurred Monday.
• A woman on Monday reported a physical assault in the 500 block of East Innes Street.
• A man on Tuesday reported an attempted burglary in the 600 block of Little Street.
• Michael Harrison, 56, was charged Monday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 700 block of Holmes Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A teacher reported Friday that someone stole her wallet at Koontz Elementary School, 685 E. Ritchie Road.
• A man on Friday reported fraud in the 6700 block of Plyler Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman on Friday reported stolen money from the 5100 block of U.S. 601.
• A man on Saturday reported a breaking and entering in the 100 block of Cedar Drive.
• A detention center officer was assaulted Sunday at the county jail.
• Narcotics and a concealed weapons violation were reported Sunday during a traffic stop in the 1200 block of Organ Church Road and Henderson Drive.
• An assault was reported Sunday in the 600 block of Timber Trail, Gold Hill.
• Demmanuelle Tyyan Fincher, 21, was charged Friday with misdemeanor injury to personal property in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• John Alonzo Graves, 28, was charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 4900 block of South Main Street.
• Luis Manuel Rivera, 40, was charged Friday with being a fugitive from justice, a felony.
• Steven Bradley Taylor, 27, was charged Friday as a sex offender who failed to give notice of an address change.
• James Dominic Hildreth, 37, was charged Friday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Jose Luis Saavedra, 49, was charged Saturday with felony trafficking in cocaine while at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Lamont Darnell Kindle, 43, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI at East Innes Street.
• Jaylyn Alexander Potter, 20, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 3300 block of East N.C. 152 and Ermine Road.
• Linda File Little, 55, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 400 block of Wayside Drive, Gold Hill.
• Sharon Levonne Galloway 56, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Andreas Bocardo Darden, 16, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 600 block of Timber Trail, Gold Hill.
• Matthew Lee Eudy, 36, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at Ridgecrest Street and Tanglewood Drive, Kannapolis.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — On Monday, the Board of Commissioners agreed that Rowan County has a positive story that needs telling. What... read more