Blotter: Police charge man with felony cocaine possession
SALISBURY — Salisbury police charged a man with felony cocaine possession after a short vehicle chase following a traffic stop Thursday morning on South Long Street.
Richard Darryl Jackson, 50, of the 3000 block of Stokes Ferry Road, was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II and misdemeanor fleeing to elude arrest.
According to a Salisbury Police Department report, an officer arrested Jackson at 500 E. Innes St., where the vehicle pursuit ended. He has since been released under a $1,500 secured bond.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A man reported Thursday that someone stole items from his vehicle at Holiday Inn, 125 Marriott Circle.
• A man reported a burglary Thursday in the 500 block of North Shaver Street.
• Duke Energy Business Service reported Thursday that a customer reported a meter was taken from the 700 block of West Thomas Street.
• Capital Bank reported Thursday someone tried to break into an ATM at 225 Faith Road.
• A man on Thursday reported an attempted burglary in the 700 block of North Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• Robert William Harmon, 45, was charged with felony breaking and entering in the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman on Tuesday reported an assault in the 600 block of Joe Lentz Road.
• A man on Tuesday reported an assault in the 1200 block of Celestial Drive.
• Richard Wilson Vancamp, 47, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 600 block of Joe Lentz Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — A Woodleaf man was convicted of felony second-degree forcible rape this week in a four-day jury trial. John Lewis... read more