Davie County Democratic Party to hold annual precinct organization meeting
The Davie County Democratic Party will host its annual precinct organization meeting on Saturday at the Davie County Public Library at 371 N. Main St. in Mocksville.
The meeting will be in the library’s multipurpose room from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. It is open to registered Democrats in any of Davie’s 14 precincts.
The Davie County Democratic Party advocates for the protection of voting rights and free and fair elections. It also supports Democratic candidates.
Pamela Faircloth, chairwoman of the party, said its mission is “to be welcoming and inclusionary with the diverse population living in the county.” Its members work to protect the rights guaranteed under the Constitution and all its amendments, she said.
Faircloth said the county party promotes to these ideals:
• Economic opportunities for all.
• A fair and just tax system.
• Protection of civil liberties.
• Equal rights regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, physical/mental abilities or sexual orientation.
• Quality public education for all.
• Access to quality, affordable health care.
• Safety and security for the country and individuals.
• A healthy and sustainable natural environment, including clean water.
“It is critical for effective change at all levels of government to organize at the local level. Our purpose is to promote the ideals, issues and candidates of the Democratic Party, specifically those issues which effect the residents of Davie County and the impact on our daily lives,” said Faircloth. ” … This task begins locally.”
SALISBURY — Rowan County’s districts for representation in the North Carolina General Assembly will stand as proposed despite last-minute changes in... read more