Blotter: Teens charged with shoplifting stolen Valentine’s Day goods
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Salisbury police say two teenagers were charged this week after they were caught stealing Valentine’s Day items from Walmart and took officers on a short foot chase.
The boys, one 15 and one 16, were spotted in the Kmart parking lot and then led officers on a chase around the building. Police officials said they recovered gift bags filled with jewelry, candy, cards, as well as a phone charger cord and dog medication.
The names of the teens were not immediately available, but officials said both face misdemeanor larceny charges.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A man on Monday reported a shooting into occupied property and potential burglary in the 700 block of Green Street.
• A burglary was reported Tuesday in the 900 block of West Cemetery Street.
• A woman on Tuesday reported fraud in the 700 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported Tuesday someone forcibly entered her property in the 300 block of East Horah Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Monday a vehicle was broken into and set on fire.
• A man on Monday reported fraud in the 200 block of Yates Road.
• Savannah Brittany Cole, 21, was charged Monday with felony break-ins of motor vehicles in the 1200 block of Brookwood Drive, China Grove.
• Christian Michael Smith, 21, was charged Monday with felony possession of stolen goods in the 7800 block of Longbriar Drive, Kannapolis.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.