Week in review: Test your nose for local news
1. What communications company has been talking with the city of Salisbury about possibly leasing its cable utility, Fibrant?
B. Direct TV
2. What was the nickname given to the influenza that hit Rowan County hard in 1918 and led to 13,644 deaths in North Carolina?
A. The Hessian Plague
B. Spanish Lady
C. K.C. Menace
D. China Sam
3. Bill Stanback, a former chairman and owner of Stanback Co., died this past week at age 95. What was the longtime advertising slogan for Stanback headache powder?
A. Make your pain go away with Stanback
B. Snap back with Stanback!
C. Take a powder, headache!
D. Win the day with Stanback
4. During what years did Bill Stanback serve as Salisbury mayor?
5. Sisters Patricia London and Tracy London Driver, both of whom are A.L. Brown High School graduates, have gained some online fame through their popular music videos shot in London’s Concord dental office. What television host had them has his guest this past week?
A. Jimmy Kimmel
B. Stephen Colbert
C. Jimmy Fallon
D. Steve Harvey
6. A now former Davidson County sheriff’s deputy was apprehended Tuesday after allegedly robbing the F&M Bank in Rockwell. What was the amount of money the bank robber asked for and received from a teller?
7. For now, which of the following elements will not be part of the IDEA (Innovation, Development, Entrepreneurship and Acceleration) Center taking shape at the West End Plaza?
A. A digital media studio
B. Exercise gym
C. 3D printers
D. A venture lab
8. A high school sophomore, Will Fuller competed this weekend in the state 3A indoor track championships with his new racing-style wheelchair. Where does Fuller attend school?
A. He is home-schooled.
B. East Rowan High
C. Carson High School
D. Gray Stone
9. The Rowan County Board of Commissioners created a whole new employee position this past week that will come with a truck and trailer. What’s the job title for this new position?
A. Animal control supervisor II
B. Vehicle abatement supervisor (to address junk cars)
C. Litter mitigation supervisor
D. Housing control specialist
10. Livingstone College celebrated its Founder’s Day Thursday on campus. How many Founder’s Days have there been for Livingstone?
SALISBURY — For history’s sake, Bill Stanback will always be a business leader connected to the company that bore his... read more