Blotter: Woman charged with cocaine, marijuana possession
SALISBURY — A Tennessee woman pulled over during a traffic stop Tuesday night admitted she had marijuana and cocaine in her purse, Salisbury Police Department officials said.
An officer stopped a vehicle at the intersection of East Innes and North Long streets about 10:25 p.m. because the vehicle had an expired license plate.
The driver, identified as Dustion Louise Callow, 39, of the 100 block of Lincoln Road, Harriman, was charged with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and misdemeanor simple possession of a marijuana.
She had 10 grams of marijuana and 1 gram of powder cocaine, police said. She gave the officer permission to search the vehicle and told him about the drugs in her purse.
Callow was issued a $1,000 secured bond and has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A man on Monday reported that someone stole his moped battery in the 1000 block of Butler Street.
• A woman reported Monday a home invasion in the 300 block of Foster Lane.
• A woman reported Monday that a larceny occurred between Sunday and Monday in the 300 block of John Penn Circle.
• A woman on Monday reported fraud on Feb. 1 in the 100 block of Sterling Street.
• A woman reported a breaking and entering in the 800 block of Pine Street.
• A woman on Monday said someone stole a bicycle from her property in the 300 block of West Miller Street.
• A breaking and entering was reported Monday in the 1300 block of Lakewood Drive.
• A woman on Monday reported a physical assault in the 200 block of West 12th Street.
• A man on Tuesday reported the theft of items from his vehicle between Monday and Tuesday while it was parked at Planet Fitness, 710 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A woman reported Tuesday that his home was broken into in the 1100 block of Beard Street.
• A man reported that items were stolen from his vehicle Tuesday while it was parked at Planet Fitness.
• A woman on Tuesday reported a domestic disturbance involving weapons in the 400 block of Morlan Park Road.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Reliable Pawn Shop reported Monday that someone pawned stolen property at the shop, 107 Mooresville Road.
• A man on Monday reported a break-in of a storage building on Jan. 25 in the 600 block of Morgan Road, Gold Hill.
• Travis Luis Castillo, 26, was charged Monday with misdemeanor transaction card fraud in the 600 block of Shannon Drive.
• Rebecca Ann Combs, 36, was charged Monday with felony larceny while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Karen West Millner, 36, hid from law enforcement Monday as officers went to serve an arrest warrant on her. Officers found marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Thomas Nathaniel Gravitte, 31, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun in the 1200 block of Davis Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — Investigators are puzzled about why Jeffery Dean Athey, now a former Davidson County sheriff’s deputy, would rob a bank... read more