Blotter: Salisbury police charge woman with shoplifting, cocaine possession
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — The Salisbury Police Department charged a woman with shoplifting from Kohl’s department store and discovered cocaine in her purse, officials said.
Lacey Nicole Avery, 29, was charged Sunday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II and misdemeanor larceny. The store’s loss prevention officer notified police of the theft. When officers searched Avery’s purse, they found drug residue and what they believed to be crack cocaine.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A man reported his vehicle was vandalized Friday in the 700 block of Ryan Street.
• A 15-year-old reported Friday that she was assaulted Thursday in the 1400 block of Filbert Street.
• A man reported Friday that someone took items between Jan. 24 and Friday at his home in the 1900 block of Sherwood Street.
• Keystone Building Products reported Friday that someone stole building materials between Dec. 29, 2016, and Friday in the 700 block of North Long Street.
• A man reported a larceny in the 1300 block of Kenly Street between Jan. 15 and Friday.
• An animal bite was reported Friday in the 900 block of North Church Street.
• A man Friday reported a burglary in the 900 block of Locke Street.
• Police made a traffic stop Friday near East Innes and North Lee streets found drugs.
• Iglesia Nuevo Renacer reported a church was broken into at 200 Klumac Road either Thursday and Friday.
• A woman on Saturday reported a vehicle break-in while it was parked at Innes Street Market, 305 Faith Road.
• Rowan County ABC reported a collection of counterfeit money taken Saturday at 1401 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A man on Saturday reported an assault with a firearm in the 1200 block of Sumpter Court.
• Shoe Carnival reported a burglary Sunday at 1435 Klumac Road.
• Rue 21 reported an attempted forcible entry and vandalism Sunday at 331 Faith Road.
• A sexual assault was reported Sunday.
• A man on Sunday reported a larceny on Jan. 23 in the 200 block of Ridge Avenue.
• A man reported that someone took items from his vehicle Sunday in the 700 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A man reported Sunday that someone took items from his vehicle in the 1100 block of Whisperwood Drive.
• A woman on Sunday reported a burglary in the 1400 block of North Church Street.
• An 8-year-old was the victim of an assault reported from the Holiday Inn Express, 125 Marriott Circle.
• TQM Roofing reported Monday that a former employee stole and used a company credit card between Dec. 1 and Dec. 22 in the 1900 block of West Innes Street.
• A man reported Tuesday a burglary in the 300 block of Huntington Drive.
• Akeem Lamar Blackwell, 27, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana in the 1500 block of East Innes Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Thursday that someone opened an account in his name at One Main Financial between Dec. 1, 2010, and Thursday.
• A woman on Thursday reported a home break-in in the 1900 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A man reported Thursday that someone removed a boat and boat trailer from his property in the 200 block of Tumbleweed Drive.
• The Rowan County Animal Shelter reported Thursday that counterfeit money was used at the agency between Jan. 19 and Jan. 22.
• A woman on Thursday reported credit-card fraud on Jan. 23 in the 900 block of Peeler Road.
• A man reported Thursday a simple assault in the 1500 block of Peeler Road.
• A man reported Thursday that his handgun was stolen from his vehicle in the 7800 block of Howard Avenue, Kannapolis, between Dec. 1 and Thursday.
• A woman on Thursday reported a break-in and theft in the 2100 block of Briggs Road.
• Tommy Warren Boyett, 54, was charged as a felony sex offender who failed to notify authorities of an address change while at the Rowan County Courthouse.
Area congressmen and North Carolina’s senators offered reaction to President Donald Trump’s first State of the Union address, which he... read more