Salisbury Fire Department responds to overcooked food in apartment above Smoke Pit restaurant
SALISBURY — Employees and customers left Smoke Pit restaurant Thursday afternoon when the Salisbury Fire Department responded to a report of fire and smoke at the eatery, but it turned out to be a case of overcooked food in an apartment upstairs.
There was no damage at the restaurant, located at 117 E. Innes St. Employees and customers waited briefly on the sidewalk in front of the business before the Fire Department gave them an all-clear sign that it was OK to return inside.
The incident happened about 2 p.m. The overcooked food upstairs was quickly addressed.
Traffic headed east on Innes Street through the Square was diverted while the Fire Department closed East Innes Street in front of the Smoke Pit.