• 52°

Rowan weather: Watch out for Nate

Some form of Nate is going to affect the area staring Saturday, with a chance of rain every day through next Wednesday.

Today will be sunny with a high of 83 and light winds becoming south around 5 mph this afternoon. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with patchy fog after midnight. The low will be 57, with southeast wind around 5 mph.

Saturday will be mostly cloudy with areas of fog in the morning. A 40 percent chance of rain moves in Saturday afternoon. The high will be 80, with southeast wind at 5 mph.

The chance of rain goes up to 50 percent Saturday night, with a chance of thunderstorms after midnight. The low will be 67, with south wind around 5 mph.

Sunday’s chance of rain is 80 percent, with thunderstorms possible. It will be humid and 78 with south winds around 5 mph. Rains could be quite heavy.

Showers and thunderstorms are likely Sunday night, with a 70 percent chance of rain and a low around 66.

Monday will be cloudy with a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. The high will be 80. The chance of rain drops to 40 percent Monday night, with mostly cloudy skies and a low of 70.

Tuesday will be partly sunny with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms and a high of 81. The same chance of rain continues Tuesday night, with a low of 67.

Wednesday will be partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers and a high around 80. The chance of showers Wednesday night is 30 percent, with a low around 57.

Thursday will be mostly sunny and around 75.

Comments

Elections

City council again dismisses idea of adding new member, focus now on recommendation to delay elections

Business

‘Let’s make some money:’ Loosened restrictions praised by bar owners, baseball team

High School

Salisbury High bucks historical trend in dominant shutout of West Rowan

Enochville

Garage declared total loss after Enochville fire

Crime

Cooper, N.C. prison officials agree to release 3,500 inmates

Coronavirus

Two more COVID-19 deaths reported in Rowan, six for the week

Crime

Blotter: Man brandishes AR-15, runs over motorcycle at Rockwell-area gas station

Crime

Salisbury man charged with exploitation of minor

Crime

Road rage incident results in assault charges

Local

Dukeville lead testing results trickle in, more participation needed

Education

Faith Academy interviewing staff, preparing site for fall opening

News

Volunteers work around obstacles, alter procedures to offer free tax services to those in need

Education

Education shoutouts

Local

Retired Marine gets recognition for toy collection efforts

Local

March issue of Salisbury the Magazine is now available

Education

Five get Dunbar School Heritage Scholarships

Education

Education briefs: Salisbury Academy fourth-graders think big as inventors

Education

Bakari Sellers keynote speaker at Livingstone College Founder’s Day program

Nation/World

Biden aims to distribute masks to millions in ‘equity’ push

Nation/World

Chief: Capitol Police were warned of violence before riot

Nation/World

GOP rallies solidly against Democrats’ virus relief package

Nation/World

FDA says single-dose shot from Johnson & Johnson prevents severe COVID

High School

Coaches, lawmakers react to governor’s order expanding sporting event capacity

Coronavirus

Three new COVID-19 deaths, positives remain below triple digits