Blotter: Rockwell men face long list of felony charges
SALISBURY — Two Rockwell men face a litany of felony charges in connection with several thefts in Rowan County.
Jail records show Douglas James Upright, 55, faces 28 separate charges. Many of them are felony counts of breaking and entering a building or vehicle.
Ray Daniel Upright, 45, faces at least eight charges, including felony breaking and entering.
Jail records show both men were first arrested Aug. 22.
Both men remained in jail Monday.
Douglas Upright’s total bond amount is $95,000. Ray Upright’s total bond amount is $40,000.
Over the weekend, the Rockwell Police Department served warrants on the two men for a list of identical felony charges. The charges included two counts of felony breaking and entering, two counts of felony breaking and entering a motor vehicle, and two counts of felony larceny.
In one incident, the men allegedly stole $2,702 in power and garden tools from a storage building on Trexler Avenue in Rockwell.
In a separate incident, the pair are accused of stealing $1,275 in equipment from another storage building on Trexler Avenue.
Warrants say the men also stole power tools and lawn equipment from a work van and a pickup.
Law enforcement officers said more charges could be filed against the two men. Both have a lengthy criminal history.
In other reports:
• Billy Andre Howie, 34, was charged Monday with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, assault on a female and interfering with emergency communication.
• Richard Melvin Gordon, 29, was charged Sunday with felony fleeing and eluding arrest, aggressive driving, driving while license revoked, larceny of a motor vehicle and a felony probation violation.
• Marquis Shahkor Suber, 24, was charged Sunday with possession of a stolen firearm and altering or removing a gun’s serial number.
• Raymond Nicholas James, 24, was charged Sunday with carrying a concealed gun; possession with intent to manufacture, sell or distribute a Schedule II controlled substance; and discharging a firearm in the city limits.
• Angela Dawn Rushing, 34, was charged Sunday with possession of marijuana paraphernalia and possession of marijuana up to half an ounce.
Contact associate editor Josh Bergeron at 704-797-4246.
By Josh Bergeron email@example.com SALISBURY — Rowan County could increase its presence in the N.C. General Assembly if recently redrawn... read more