Blotter: Police investigate shots fired on East Cemetery Street
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Police are trying to determine who shot into two vehicles over the weekend after a 911 call in the area of East Cemetery Street.
Police don’t believe the two vehicles were targets but were fired into from a passing vehicle.
The incident occurred just after midnight Sunday in the 600 block of East Cemetery Street. According to Salisbury police Capt. Melonie Thompson, officers searched the area but did not find any shell casings. Rowan County Sheriff’s Detective Jason Owens was in the area and spoke with someone who told him he heard gunshots and saw a white vehicle, possibly a Dodge Dynasty, with a black man inside on Long Street.
Police officers checked the area and saw a gray Saturn on Cemetery Street with a bullet hole in it. Officers found a Ford Escape with a bullet hole in the back driver’s side window. Officers asked one of the victims if she knew who could’ve shot into her vehicle. The woman said she didn’t know and told police she has lived in the area for about a year.
She opened her car and officers found a bullet that was collected for evidence.
Another officer stopped a white Buick on Church Street and asked someone inside a few questions. The occupants were cooperative and told police they had a gun, but that it had not been fired recently.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Salisbury Police Department at 704-638-5333 or Salisbury-Rowan CrimeStoppers at 866-639-5245.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Hoffman Rental & Leasing reported Friday that an unauthorized person had used a motor vehicle from the business at 1631 S. Main St.
• A man reported his debit card was stolen between December 2015 to June 16 in the 500 block of Cedar Street.
• A woman reported June 16 she was the victim of a fraud while at Walmart.
• A woman reported Saturday that a bicycle was stolen from her property in the 600 block of Cedar Street.
• A man reported a stolen trailer Saturday in the 900 block of Rowan Avenue.
• A man reported an assault Saturday in the 2300 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported an assault Sunday in the 2100 block of Statesville Boulevard at La Cabana Bar and Restaurant.
• A woman reported Sunday that her ex-boyfriend was staying at her house while she was not home. She returned home to find that he had left and took items from her house in the 600 block of North Fulton Street.
• A man reported Sunday that items were missing from his truck after it was parked at the Marriott hotel Saturday.
• A woman reported a domestic assault Sunday in the 100 block of Emerson Lane.
• A man reported a breaking and entering Sunday in the 1400 block of West Horah Street.
• Jefaris Mikel Bennett, 23, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 400 block of Pinewood Avenue.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday that a 13-year-old took her grandmother’s car from the 100 block of Wakefield Drive.
• William Lewis Tate, 20, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of stolen goods in the 500 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Terry Lynn Wood, 31, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1100 block of North Main Street/East 11th Street.
• Danielle Nicole Brown, 31, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 1100 block of Zion Church Road, Gold Hill.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
By Shavonne Walker firstname.lastname@example.org GREENSBORO — A Greensboro man who was wanted in the June 11 murder of Antonio Lee... read more