Blotter: Gun goes off during cleaning
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reported an accidental shooting Saturday.
According to reports, Mark Hackworth, 49, of Salisbury was cleaning his .25 caliber handgun and pulled the slide back. Hackworth said when he did, the weapon fired, hitting his left pointer finger. He was treated and released.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- Deputies discovered counterfeit bills in the 1500 block of Peeler Road on Friday.
- An assault was reported Friday in the 600 block of East Ritchie Road.
- A woman reported a theft from a home in the 300 block of St. John’s Drive on Friday.
- A student at East Rowan High School was reported Friday for disorderly conduct and using foul language.
- A woman Friday reported a financial transaction with a stolen card in the 300 block of Happy Lake Road, Rockwell.
- A woman reported an assault Friday in the 1100 block of Peeler Road.
- Deputies found someone “huffing” compressed gas in the Wal-Mart parking lot Saturday.
- A woman reported a burglary in the 200 block of Outback Lane, Mount Ulla, on Saturday.
- Quick Cash Pawn reported a fraud by false pretense Saturday.
- A woman reported 12 charges to a fraudulently obtained credit card Saturday.
- A woman reported a burglary in the 1000 block of Marie Avenue, Kannapolis, on Saturday.
- A woman Saturday reported an assault in the 5800 block of Bertie Avenue.
- A man reported a burglary Saturday in the 300 block of Millbridge Road, China Grove.
- A woman reported items stolen from a vehicle Saturday in the 200 block of Eastern Avenue, Rockwell.
- A woman reported an assault Saturday in the 1000 block of Cranfield Lane.
- Deputies seized drugs in the 300 block of Bendix Drive on Sunday.
- Reid’s Pawn Shop in Kannapolis reported a fraud Sunday.
- Correctional officers found a homemade shank Sunday inside a cell in the Rowan County Detention Center.
- A man reported a burglary Sunday in the 500 block of Kern Carlton Road. Four rifles and one handgun were stolen.
- Deputies seized drugs Sunday at Manor Oak Lane and N.C. 152 West N.C. in China Grove.
- Justin Allen Alexander, 36, was charged Friday with possession of a dangerous weapon in prison.
- Jonathan Wade McDaniel, 27, was charged Friday with maintaining a dwelling or vehicle for a controlled substance.
- Eric Utah Lisk, 48, was charged Friday with possessing stolen goods.
- Whitney Nicole Chilson, 23, was charged Friday with possession of a Schedule II controlled substance in the 100 block of Avalon Drive.
- Elizabeth Angelika Kobzar, 23, was charged Saturday with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance in the 1000 block of Gracebrook Drive.
- Jaime Segundo-Rosales, 33, was charged Saturday with assault on a female.
- Larry Eugene Wilkerson, 47, was charged Saturday with obtaining property by false pretenses.
- Chance Logan Campbell, 20, was charged Saturday in the 300 block of Renshaw Ford Road, Woodleaf, with assault with a deadly weapon.
- Ahmed Xavier Blackwell, 23, was charged Sunday with assault on a female.
- Ashley William Perkins, 38, was charged Sunday in the 200 block of Red Rose Lane, Mooresville, with possession with intent to make sell or distribute a Schedule III controlled substance.
- Andrew Elliott Adcock, 19, was charged Sunday with breaking and entering a building.
- Aquavius Robert Lee, 20, was charged Sunday with possession of a dangerous weapon in prison.
- Michael David Akers, 46, was charged Sunday with simple assault in the 200 block of Tumbleweed Drive.
- Jacob Keith Ollenberger, 17, was charged Sunday with possession of drug paraphernalia at Manor Oaks Lane and N.C. 152 West in China Grove.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A burglary was reported Sunday in the 1700 block of East Innes Street.
- Tractor Supply Co. reported the theft of automobile accessories Sunday.
- Items were reported stolen from a motor vehicle Sunday in the Wal-Mart parking lot.
- Emetrius Acuial Colclough was charged Sunday in the 400 block of South Craige Street with assault on a female.
- Joseph Earl Keller was charged Sunday with felony larceny at Tractor Supply Co.
- Katelyn Shianne Hull was charged with huffing Sunday in the 1300 block of Klumac Road.
- Ernest Culpeper Graves was charged Monday in the 200 block of South West Street with obtaining property by false pretenses.
- Devin Leonard Parks was charged Monday in the 500 block of South Shaver Street with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer.
- Andy Lee Thompson was charged with larceny Monday at Wal-Mart.
SALISBURY – N.C. Department of Transportation contract crews are working to improve safety for drivers through a project that is expected... read more