Rowan Chamber of Commerce invites community to Peru trip
SALISBURY – The Rowan County Chamber of Commerce invites the community to participate in a once-in-a-life-time trip to Peru from Oct. 12 – 20, 2017. The Rowan Chamber recently participated in an Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) trip to Peru, and it is now bringing the experience to the community.
The trip is offered through Central Holidays, however, any Rowan Chamber member travel agent may book the trip for local participants.
“Peru is a fascinating country with friendly people, beautiful scenery, first class hotels and fantastic food. The highlight of the trip for us was definitely Machu Picchu!” said Elaine Spalding, Rowan Chamber president.
The trip will offer participants an unforgettable opportunity to interact with the Peruvian people on a deeper level. The itinerary is focused on cultural exchange and education and a professional tour director and a local guide will accompany all tours. You will be enchanted by authentic Peruvian charm and culture as you:
- Visit the metropolitan city of Lima, the City of Kings.
- Admire the treasures of ancient Peru and the Inca Nation.
- Meet with local artists and learn about llama wool production.
- Taste fine cuisine and sample some of the best chocolate in the world.
- Tour Cusco, archeological capital of the Americas and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site.
- Travel by vista-dome train and hike to the top of Machu Picchu — the Famous Lost City of the Incas.
- Visit and interact with the Andean community in the Sacred Valley.
- Enjoy Puno & Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world.
- Interact with the indigenous Uros tribe to learn about their lives.
- And much more.
The trip includes an air and land package from Charlotte to Lima, Peru, for nine days and eight nights including hotels, meals, day trips and airfare.
The Early Bird price for chamber members is $3,449 per person, if reservations are made by April 29. Non-members and out of area participants are welcome to attend at the rate of $3,889 per person.
For more information, contact Elaine Spalding at the Rowan Chamber, 704-633-4221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.