Holiday schedule for Rowan cities and towns
SALISBURY – The city of Salisbury will operate on the following schedule for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays:
- City office buildings, including the Salisbury Customer Service Center and all four recreation centers, will be closed Friday, Dec. 23 through Tuesday, Dec. 27, and Monday, Jan. 2, 2017.
- The city’s Solid Waste Division will run on its normal schedule.
- The city’s Street Division will not offer limb or leaf collection Friday, Dec. 23, Monday, Dec. 26, and Tuesday, Dec. 27 or Monday, Jan. 2, 2017.
- Salisbury Transit will operate on a limited schedule from 9:30 a.m. – 3:20 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 24. Transit service will not operate on Monday, Dec. 26. No Express Route Service will be offered Sunday, Dec. 18 through Thursday, Jan. 5.
- Fibrant Technical Support will maintain regular hours. For assistance, customers may contact Fibrant Technical Support by calling 704-638-5300.
- Salisbury Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will be closed Friday, Dec. 23, through Tuesday, Dec. 27, and Monday, Jan. 2, 2017. If you have a water/sewer emergency after hours or during the holiday, please call 704-638-5339.
- The Salisbury Community Park will be closed on Sunday, Dec. 25, and will otherwise maintain regular hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- All county offices will be closed from Friday, Dec. 23 to Tuesday, Dec. 27 and on Jan. 2.
- The county’s landfill will be closed Saturday, Dec. 24, and Saturday, Dec. 31.
- All recycling centers will be closed Friday, Dec. 23; Saturday, Dec. 24; Sunday, Dec. 25. and Monday, Jan. 2. Live Christmas Trees will be accepted for recycling from Christmas until Jan. 31, 2017.
- Rowan Public Library will be closed Dec. 23-27.
Town offices will be closed from Friday, Dec. 23 to Tuesday, Dec. 27 and from Friday, Dec. 30, to Monday Jan. 2.
Landis Town Hall will be closed for the holidays on Thursday, Friday and Monday. It will also be closed Monday, Jan. 2, in observance of New Year’s. Garbage pickup and other utilities will not be affected.
Faith Town Hall will be closed Friday and Monday in observance of Christmas, and on Monday, Jan. 2 in observance of New Year’s. Garbage pickup will be unaffected.
Granite Quarry Town Hall will be closed Friday and Monday in observance of the Christmas holiday. It also will be closed Jan. 2 for New Year’s Day. The Granite Quarry Board of Aldermen’s next monthly meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Jan. 3.
All City of Kannapolis offices will be closed on Friday, Dec. 23 and Monday, Dec. 26 in observance of the Christmas holiday. There will be no delay in garbage, loose leaf and recycling collection service. Office will be closed on Monday, Jan. 2, 2017, in observance of the New Year’s holiday. There will be no delay in garbage, loose leaf or recycling collection.
Spencer Town Hall will be closed on Dec. 23 and Dec. 26 for Christmas and Jan. 2 for New Year’s. Trash pickup will be a day late for Christmas and New Year’s.
SALISBURY — The Salisbury Community Foundation recently distributed grants totaling $208,500 to local nonprofits. The grants were made possible in... read more