Week in review: Test your nose for local news
1. A fire at Apple Baking Co., home of the Apple Ugly, caused damage to what part of the plant?
A. The main bakery where Apple Uglies are made
B. The office area
C. The dock
D. Employee restrooms
2. Carbon monoxide poisoning in a Lloyd Street house in Salisbury led 16 people to be treated on the scene, at Novant Health Rowan or Duke University Medical Center. What was the cause of the carbon monoxide?
A. A faulty heating system in the house
B. A running car in an attached garage
C. A generator brought inside the house to help with heating
D. A gas grill used inside the house in the cooking of a turkey
3. The Holiday Caravan had roughly how many entries this year?
4. How many Holiday Caravans have now been held?
5. Who was this year’s grand marshal of the Holiday Caravan?
A. Janet Ward Black
B. Paul Fisher
C. Elizabeth Dole
D. Neal Wilkinson
6. Three poll workers at a Rowan County voting precinct on Election Day should not have been allowed to man their positions and the Rowan County Board of Elections is trying to determine whether they should be paid. At what voting precinct did this occur?
A. Hatters Shop
D. East Spencer
7. Gene Caldwell has been a major part of the music scene at Sandy Ridge AME Zion Church for 70 years. Where did Caldwell work for 47-and-a-half years?
A. Cannon Mills
B. Fiber Industries
C. Food Town/Food Lion
D. Taylor Mattress Co.
8. Bids keep coming in for the former Department of Social Services building on West Innes Street. How much is the latest bid for this county-owned property?
9. What school district is trying an alternative administration style in which there is a middle school principal, a high school principal and a floating principal between the two schools?
A. South Rowan
B. North Rowan
C. East Rowan
10. Rockwell native Matt Slingerland recently competed with Team USA in Stuttgart, Germany, in what event?
A. The STIHL Timbersports World Championship
B. International Team Corn Hole Tournament
C. German Invitational Skeet Shooting Tournament
D. International Mud Olympics