Box-cutter threat leads to robbery, arrest
Editor’s note: The charge described below against Seku Mohammed Sheriff was dismissed and his record expunged, according to court records.
SALISBURY — Seku Mohammed Sheriff, 33, was charged Monday with robbery with a dangerous weapon after police say he threatened a friend with a box cutter.
According to police, the victim reported that Sheriff, of Pinewood Avenue, called and wanted to hang out at her house Monday night. The two watched TV for a while, and she told police that Sheriff appeared to be agitated.
After a while Sheriff went outside to get something from the car. The victim went with him, using the flashlight function on her phone to help him look. That’s when she said Sheriff allegedly pulled out a boxcutter and told her to give him the phone.
The victim told police that Sheriff grabbed her phone, jumped into the car and drove off. He was arrested at 10:52 Monday night and charged with robbery with firearms or other dangerous weapons.
Sheriff was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,000 bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• An assault was reported Monday at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. According to police, an employee was cleaning the men’s restroom when a man entered, said he had to use the restroom and allegedly pushed her out of the way.
• First Calvary Baptist reported that an unknown person shot at a window of the church. The damage was discovered by cleaning staff on Saturday.
• A strong-arm robbery was reported Monday in the 200 block of Faith Road.
• Chad Thomas Caddell, 33, was charged with possession of stolen goods after police found a stolen license plate in his South Jackson Street home.
• Wendi Leigh Penninger, 38, was charged Monday with possessing immediate precursor chemicals and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 400 block of Alan Circle.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• John Currie Rowden, 23, was charged with possession with intent to make, sell or deliver a schedule III controlled substance in the 10700 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• Christopher Jon Neihaus, 22, was charged Friday with possession of a schedule I controlled substance in the 10500 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• Joshua Matthew Wilson, 27, was charged Friday in the 100 block of White Avenue, Kannapolis with assault on a female.
• Troy Loucheana Burke, 37, was chargedat the Magistrate’s Office Saturday with obtaining property by false pretenses.
• Joshua Luke Edwards, 17, was charged Saturday with breaking and entering a building in the 200 block of Woodgrove Drive, Mount Ulla.