The Arc of Rowan to host guardianship seminar
SALISBURY — The Arc of Rowan will host a seminar about guardianship for any family who has a member with a developmental disability.
The seminar, Guardianship 101, will be taught by Clerk of Court Jeff Barger, and will be held from 6:30 p.m.to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 15, at the Arc of Rowan office, 108 Dorsett Drive. The seminar is free.
Those who attend will learn about:
• Reasons for considering legal guardianship;
• Terminology and definitions involving guardianship;
• Overview of the step-by-step process;
• Necessary documentation for guardianship;
• Alternatives to guardianship.
This seminar will also an opportunity for CEU credits for teachers.
Anyone who would like to attend, please contact the Arc of Rowan at 704-637-1521.
EAST SPENCER — The town of East Spencer is hosting its fourth annual Veterans Day ceremony Friday to honor veterans... read more