Ann Farabee: Annual review
Published 12:00 am Saturday, July 2, 2016
Happy Anniversary to me! July 4 is the anniversary date of my first year as a columnist for the Faith section of the Salisbury Post!
What? You missed some of my columns? Here’s my annual review:
• The Children – Jesus took time for the children and so should we.
• Got Fruit? Go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is. Show love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
• Are You Broken? It’s about God’s provision, plan, purpose, providence, power, and proximity. One day when you least expect it, the sun will shine again.
• Need Rest? RE-fresh, RE-member, RE-store, RE-direct, RE-lax, RE-juvenate, RE-cover, RE-group, RE-vitalize, RE-connect, Ready … set … REST!
• Ready for School? Sleep, breakfast, say good-bye with a prayer….
• The Wait – I love adverbs. I waited PATIENTLY for the Lord.
• Labor of Love – Do we even need to call it labor? Let’s just call it love.
• Getting Old? Keep working, take heart, and know that it’s all VERY GOOD!
• The Battle is Real – Encourage yourself. Inquire. Pursue. Help. Ask for help. Smote to overtake. Recover all.
• What do these stones mean? Yes, they will ask you. Tell them. They need to know.
• Are you in prison? Have freedom through a relationship with Christ. Your heart, mind, and spirit can never be confined to prison walls.
• Are you in darkness? You don’t have to stay there. Reach up. The light switch is right above you. And the Power is always on …
• It’s my pleasure – Thank you for making me a columnist.
• Ready to go home? Come to yourself. Get up. Go to the Father. While you are a long way off, He will see you- because He’s been looking for you.
• Let’s armor up – One helmet, one breastplate, one belt, one pair of shoes, one shield, one sword. Priceless. Enjoy being armored up. I do.
• It’s amazing! – Amazing truths I love: Angels strengthen when we pray. He’s a God of second chances. Jesus set Barabbas free. Jesus carried my sins. I’m forgiven. He conquered death.
• I love heartburn – It may very well be one of the most wonderful walks ever … the road to Emmaus. One walk. From heartbreak to heartburn.
• Watch your mouth – Our. Words. Have. Power. Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
• Immeasurably more moment – God can… do more than we can ask, imagine, or even think.
• Here’s Hope – Have hope? If you don’t, it’s not too late to get it.
• The Touch – Keep pressing through the crowd! The touch of God in your life … there’s nothing like it.
• One thing that remains – I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
• It’s not good news – But… I trust You, Jesus. I trust You, Jesus. I trust You, Jesus.
If you want to read any of these columns in their entirety, check them out on salisburypost.com in the Faith section. I am hopeful that next year’s annual review will require a Part 1 and Part 2. Thank you for reading my columns. It really is my pleasure.
Ann Farabee, writer, teacher, and speaker, has taught in Kannapolis City Schools and Mooresville Schools. Contact her at email@example.com