Crime Blotter: Man shot in calf
ROCKWELL — The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office said that one man was wounded in a shooting Saturday. According to reports, a gunshot was heard in the area of 445 Jackson Road. Witnesses reported that there was a “gathering of some kind” at the address, Sheriff’s Office spokesman Captain John Sifford said.
When the shot was heard, witnesses told deputies that five cars left the scene “almost immediately.” Deputies were dispatched by 911, and found a Darius Robertson at the address, bleeding from a gunshot wound to his right calf. According to Sifford, Robertson was “less than cooperative” with deputies, and would not provide information about the incident.
Robertson was transported to Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast in Concord for treatment, but the injury was not life-threatening. This incident is still under investigation.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A man reported an assault Friday in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
- An East Rowan High School student was found with drug paraphernalia in his book bag on Friday.
- A man reported Friday that a storage unit in the 8300 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell, had been broken into and several tools had been stolen.
- A man reported items stolen Friday in the 1200 block of Brown Road, China Grove.
- Deputies reported that they found meth and a marijuana pipe on a person at the intersection of Faith Road and Crescent Road Friday.
- A Salisbury man reported a forgery Friday after a check was stolen and deposited using a forged signature.
- Deputies located marijuana Friday in the 1200 block of Jackson Road.
- A woman in the 1000 block of Starnes Road reported Saturday that someone broke into her trailer.
- A man in the 3600 block of Bringle Ferry Road reported that his lawnmower was stolen, Saturday.
- A woman reported an assault Saturday in the 100 block of Mccleave Road, China Grove.
- A Salisbury man reported a forgery Sunday after a check was counterfeited and forged.
- An inmate at the Piedmont Correctional Institution reported Sunday that he was harassed by an officer.
- Someone reported finding drug paraphernalia Sunday in the 2000 block of Flat Rock Road, China Grove.
- A man reported a breaking and entering Sunday in the 3100 block of Sherrill’s Ford Road.
- A man reported property stolen in the 300 block of Mockingbird Lane, Sunday.
- Deputies seized marijuana and drug paraphernalia during a Sunday traffic stop at the corner of West N.C. Highway 152 and Corriher Grange Road, Mooresville.
- A man reported an assault with a gun Monday in the 3600 block of Faith Road. Sheriff’s Office officials say that a dispute began over the use of a car.
- Providence A.M.E. Zion Church reported Sunday that an air conditioning unit was stolen from the property.
- A man reported a burglary Monday in the 200 block of Brooks Link Road, Rockwell.
- James Marvin Locklear, 54, was charged Friday in the 5000 block of Faith Road with possession of a controlled substance.
- Chad Eugene Linker, 37, was charged Friday with possession of an immediate precursor chemical.
- Michael Jacob Miller, 20, was charged Friday in the 1200 block of Jackson Road with possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Travis Wayne Horne, 20, was charged Friday with possession of a controlled substance schedule VI.
- Amie Elizabeth Linthicum, 22, was charged Friday with possession of drug paraphernalia in the 300 block of Sunfish Terrace.
- Stephen Anthony Corso, 26, was charged Friday with simple possession of a schedule III controlled substance in the 2700 block of West C. Street, Kannapolis after deputies performed a welfare check.
- Gabriel Alexander Sellers, 17, and Briana Collete Correll, 18, were charged Saturday with possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 1700 block of South U.S. Highway 29.
- Keenan Cowan, 18, was charged Saturday with assault by pointing a gun in the 200 block of East Ridge Road.
- Sarah Ashley Estes, 30, was charged Saturday with possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 300 block of North Salisbury Avenue, Granite Quarry.
- Jacob Daniel Poole, 37, was charged Saturday with selling or delivering a controlled substance Schedule II in the 7600 block of Old Concord Road.
- Michael James Clontz, 61, was charged Saturday with resist, delay or obstructing a public officer in the 100 block of Northcrest Street, Kannapolis.
- Ivory Joe Blue, 46, was charged Sunday in the 200 block of Needmore Road, Woodleaf with simple assault.
- Elizabeth Anne Sweeney, 54, was charged Sunday with possession of a controlled substance schedule VI at the intersection of West N.C. 152 Highway and Corriher Grange Road, Mooresville
- Kyle Logan Gardener, 28, was charged with larceny Monday at the Sheriff’s Office.
- Maria Carillo Gonzalez, 19, was charged Monday with possession of a controlled substance schedule VI at the corner of Woodleaf Road and Goodson Road.
- Jennifer Leshay Bostic, 28, was charged with resist, delay or obstructing a public officer Monday at the corner of Bostian and Daughtery Road, China Grove.
- Nathaniel Paul Campbell, 29, was charged Monday with resist, delay or obstructing a public officer at the corner of East Ridge Road and Old Mocksville Road.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A woman reported an assault Tuesday in the 1000 block of South Fulton Street.
- A man reported items stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of Woodson Street, Tuesday.
- A man reported Tuesday that someone broke the window of his vehicle while it was parked at Walmart and stole items.
- A woman reported items stolen from a motor vehicle in the 300 block of Woodson Street, Tuesday.
- A man reported items stolen from a motor vehicle in the 300 block of Woodson Street, Tuesday.
- First United Methodist Church reported Tuesday that an unknown person or persons removed approximately 25 feet of copper rain gutter from the church.
- A man reported a burglary Tuesday in the 200 block of Castlewood Drive.
- A larceny was reported Tuesday in the 1300 block of West Horah Street.
- A man reported a burglary Tuesday in the 1900 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
- Police seized marijuana Tuesday in the 100 block of MItchell Avenue.
- Police responded to an assault Tuesday at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
- Thomas A. Sherrill, 51, was charged Monday with communicating threats against an officer in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue.
- Jemelle Leevander Myers, 43, was charged Wednesday with assault inflicting serious injury in the 900 block of North Church Street.
CHINA GROVE — A 59-year-old China Grove woman was arrested Friday after her boyfriend said that she came after him with a... read more