RCCC offers wide range of short-term unique courses
SALISBURY— From aromatherapy to yoga, Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is offering a wide range of short-term courses this spring.
Through the personal enrichment program, the college offers courses for self-improvement, cultural enrichment and academic achievement.
“The courses are for everyone in the community, meaning you don’t have to be a currently enrolled student at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College to participate,” said Tricia Staggers, lead program manager of training services at the college.
The purpose of the program is to give individuals a chance to pursue special interests and to fill their leisure time with worthwhile educational projects.
“For getting fit – mind and body – we have yoga. For new and re-entry motorcycle riders we offer a course in basic safety. Need a knowledge boost when it comes to your android phone? – we’ve got you covered. Yearning to learn a new language? We can help,” said Staggers. “We really strive to offer a variety of courses across multiple campuses for a greater community reach.”
The calendar of courses offered is constantly updating, but a slew of topics are scheduled this spring.
The calendar includes the following courses held at the college’s North Campus in Salisbury:
- Basic forklift operator, Friday 1 p.m.–5 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m.–5 p.m., April 29 and April 30
- Personal trainer exam prep, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m., May 13–May 15
- Beginning gentle yoga, Thursdays 5:30 p.m.–6:45 p.m., May 19–June 23
- Conversational Spanish I, Tuesdays and Thursdays 6 p.m.–9 p.m., May 24–June 30
The calendar includes the following courses held at the college’s South Campus in Concord:
- Microsoft Excel 2013 intermediate, Tuesdays 12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m. or 5 p.m.–9 p.m., May 3 and May 10
- Basic motorcycle riders course, Thursday 6 p.m.–9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m.–5 p.m., May 19 – May 21
- Spanish for the medical professional, Mondays and Wednesdays 6 p.m.–8 p.m., May 23 – June 29
- Microsoft Excel 2013 advanced, Tuesdays 5 p.m.–9 p.m., May 24–May 31
- Basic motorcycle riders course, Thursday 6 p.m.–9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m.–5 p.m., June 2 – June 4
- Introduction to computers, Mondays and Wednesdays 5:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m., June 6–July 13
- Basic motorcycle riders course, Thursday 6 p.m.–9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m.–5 p.m., June 16–June 18
The calendar includes the following courses held at the college’s location at the North Carolina Research Campus in Kannapolis:
- Herbalism 101, Tuesdays 6 p.m.–7:30 p.m., April 19 and April 26
- Aromatherapy: Essentials of oils – Level 2, Monday 6 p.m.–9 p.m., May 9
- Making the most of your android phone, Wednesdays 5:30–7:30 p.m., May 11 and May 18
In addition, the college offers a variety of professional certification courses including Small Engine Repair, Topics in Real Estate and Notary. For more information on professional certification courses at the college, including a full schedule, visit www.rccc.edu/certifications.
For more information about enrichment courses offered at Rowan-Cabarrus, including a constantly updating calendar and how to register, visit www.rccc.edu/enrichment or call 704-216-7222.