Blotter: King Tut Cafe broken into, again
By Shavonne Walker
Salisbury Police are once again investigating a break-in at the King Tut Cafe and Hookah Lounge, less than two weeks after they charged a Kannapolis man with a number of break-ins at the business.
In this most recent incident, the thief used some sort of pry tool that damaged a door and window at the business. The place, located at 5 Easy St., was last known to be secured Sunday morning and the crime was reported Monday around 11 a.m., a report said.
There was $100 in cash taken and $450 in coins taken, the report said.
On March 16, Paul Anthony Ewing, 39, was charged with three counts of breaking and entering and three felony counts of larceny for breaking into the business. Police said following his arrest he’d already had two similar charges for breaking into the same business. In those incidents, police said Ewing stole money from the cash register and a jukebox. Officials have said Ewing was familiar with the business because he at one time did contract work there.
No arrest has been made in this most recent break-in, officials said.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Saturday she was the victim of vandalism in the 600 block of East Bank Street.
• An assault was reported Saturday at Economy Inn, 319 Bendix Drive.
• A woman reported Saturday a vandalism occurred in the 800 block of South Jackson Street.
• Salisbury High reported Saturday being the victim of vandalism at 500 Lincolnton Road.
• A man reported Saturday he was the victim of vandalism that occurred in the 500 block of South Craige Street.
• A woman reported Sunday she was the victim of a robbery in the 500 block of East Innes Street.
• Someone broke into Wiley School Apartments Sunday at 211 Ridge Avenue.
• A man reported a burglary Sunday in the 1000 block of East Lafayette Street.
• A woman reported Sunday her husband assaulted her during an argument over a phone in the 1000 block of Richard Street.
• A woman reported Sunday someone stole her medication from the 400 block of Park Avenue.
• A woman reported Monday an assault occurred sometime Sunday in the 400 block of Prescot Drive.
• A woman reported Monday someone stole her vehicle from the 100 block of Morlan Park Road.
• A woman reported Monday she was assaulted by her boyfriend in the 1300 block of West Horah Street.
• Dmario Raynard Rhodes, 31, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a child in the 1100 block of Richard Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Friday his home was broken into in the 100 block of Grand Oaks Drive, Rockwell.
• A woman reported Friday someone used her information to receive a tax refund in the 100 block of Wild Bill Lane, China Grove.
• A resident of Nazareth Children’s Home reported Sunday being assaulted with a metal pot at 725 Crescent Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported Sunday he was the victim of domestic assault in the 1000 block of Burkesway Drive.
• Brian Djuane Neely, 40, was charged Friday with felony possession of a stolen handgun in the 74000 block of Interstate 85 south.
• Michael Justin Antosek, 37, was charged Saturday with felony larceny in the 4900 block of Fish Pond Road.
• Daniel Ray Kesler, 26, was charged Saturday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 3200 block of Liberty Road, Gold Hill.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
In a crowded congressional field of 17 Republicans, Salisbury resident Jason Walser is betting on pragmatism. Walser on Friday filed... read more