• 36°

Rowan weather: Beautiful today, tomorrow

Enjoy today and tomorrow, because the rain is coming Thursday.

Today will be sunny with a high of 66. Winds will blow from the north at 5-9 mph, so it won’t be a gusty as Monday. Tonight’s low will be 39. Some areas will dip further into the 30s.

Wednesday will be sunny and 67, with light wind from the south. The low will be 53, under cloudy skies, with south southeast wind at 6-8 mph.

An 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms arrives Thursday, with a high of 70. The wind returns, as well, from the south at 9-15 mph, with gusts up to 23 mph. Some storms could be strong to severe. Showers and thunderstorms continue Thursday night, with a low of 62.

Friday’s chance of showers and storms is 70 percent, with thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Heavy rain is possible, especially in strong thunderstorms. It will be cloudy and 75 degrees. The chance of showers drops to 30 percent Friday night, with a low of 48.

Then it’s back to mostly sunny skies and a cooler high of 65 for Saturday. The low will be 43.

Sunday will be a bit warmer, with a high of 68 and a low of 41.

Monday continues the spring weather, with sunny skies and a high of 64.

Comments

Coronavirus

State to vaccinate medically vulnerable starting March 24

Coronavirus

One new death, 20 new COVID-19 positives reported in Rowan

Kannapolis

Kannapolis man dies in moped crash

Crime

Salisbury Police chief addresses K-9 video, says officer separated from animal

Local

Rowan Rescue Squad sets record straight on fundraising typo

Local

City approves DOT agreement, Salisbury Station project could begin next year

Local

County plans to use vulture effigy, enforce violations to remedy animal carcass feeding problem

Education

Two weeks after ending enhanced protocols, Catawba has no COVID-19 cases

News

Council to hear revised version of Downtown Main Street Plan

Local

Veto override of NC school reopening bill fails in Senate

News

Political Notebook: Majority of likely voters, local legislators support school reopening bill

Coronavirus

COVID-19 vaccinations in Rowan top positives since start of pandemic

Crime

Man faces drug charges after breaking and entering call

Lifestyle

Waterworks schedules 2021 Summer ARTventures

Crime

Blotter: Man faces drug charges after being found passed out in vehicle

Ask Us

Ask Us: What programs exist for litter cleanup?

Business

County begins accepting restaurant grant applications

Crime

Blotter: Salisbury man charged with nine more felony sex offenses

Nation/World

Biden team readies wider economic package after virus relief

Nation/World

Spacewalking astronauts prep station for new solar wings

Nation/World

Cuomo sorry for remarks aide ‘misinterpreted’ as harassment

Nation/World

Trump calls for GOP unity, repeats lies about election loss

Education

Rowan County administers 700 vaccines, with majority going to local educators

Crime

Shoplifting at Walmart presents challenge for Salisbury police