Branding research: Rowan is country setting with cultural heart
Rowan County is a country setting with a dynamic cultural heart, according to branding research.
Steve Chandler of ChandlerThinks, the firm hired to lead Rowan’s rebranding effort, presented his findings this morning to a crowd of business and community leaders gathered at the N.C. Transportation Museum.
He said research revealed six branding truths for Rowan:
1. The community often paints a poor self-image as a result of recent public issues, while outside perceptions are not as hard.
2. The rural country setting and agricultural lifestyle are strong associations for Rowan County and highly valued by residents.
3. Location in the middle of the Piedmont and along I-85 give convenient access to the energy and business of multiple major metro areas — and conveniently away from it all, too.
4. The communities of Rowan County provide rural culture and heritage.
5. Salisbury is the cultural center of Rowan County and has the responsibility of serving the county for its social, educational and historic values.
6. Heritage and a sense of history works its way throughout Rowan County.
For more details on the findings and plans going forward, read tomorrow’s Post.
The N.C. Transportation Museum is now home to a new artifact from the city of Charlotte, with the arrival of... read more