Spencer Board of Aldermen to discuss safety netting at Eighth Street Ball Park
By Amanda Raymond
The Spencer Board of Aldermen will consider the purchase of new safety netting for the Eighth Street Ball Park.
The board will meet on Tuesday at 600 S. Salisbury Ave. at 7 p.m.
According to board documents, the safety netting on the main field’s backstop and on the pole line between the fields needs to be replaced. The netting was put up 15 years ago and has not been replaced since then.
Two local companies have provided estimates.
Medallion Athletic Products, Inc. in Mooresville could provide the netting at about $2,108, and Fisher Athletic in Salisbury could provide it at $2,910.
If the board decides to go through with the replacement, the town staff will install the netting. The netting will be reused for the batting cage.
In other business, the board will:
• Hear departmental reports.
• Hear a report from Town Manager Reid Walters.
• Hear reports from Mayor Gobbel and appointed delegates.
• Hold a public comment session.
• Proclaim March 2016 as March for Meals Month.
• Set a date to take a required two-hour ethics class.
• Go into a closed session to discuss a permanent town manager position.
Contact reporter Amanda Raymond at 704-797-4222.
By Mark Wineka email@example.com SPENCER — When Spencer Mayor Jim Gobbel dropped by Tuesday morning to deliver a Meals on Wheels lunch,... read more