• 41°

Rowan weather: Rain and storms tonight

After a beautiful Monday, you knew we’d have to pay for it, didn’t you?

Today will start out sunny, with clouds increasing throughout the day and a high of 67. The wind hasn’t left us, and will blow from the southwest at 6-11 mph in the afternoon with gusts up to 18 mph.

Tonight, we have a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, some of which could become severe. The low will be 42, and rain should taper off around 2 a.m. Winds will be heavier, and from the south, 11-17 mph, shifting to the west and gusting up to 26 mph.

Wednesday will be calmer and cooler, with sunny skies and a high of 49. The wind will come from the northwest at 7-13 mph, with gusts up to 22 mph. The wind will calm Wednesday night, when the low will be 31.

Thursday brings a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 4 p.m. Otherwise, it will be partly sunny, with a high of 52. Rain is likely overnight, with a 70 percent chance. The low will be 35.

Then it’s back to partly sunny skies for Friday, with a high of 51 and a low of 33.

Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high of 54 and a low of 35. Sunday will be very similar, but warmer, with a high of 58 and a low of 38.

And next Monday should be mostly sunny with a high near 62.

Comments

Local

Board of elections discusses upgrading voting machines, making precinct changes

News

Lawmakers finalize how state will spend COVID-19 funds

Local

Salisbury Station one of several ‘hot spots’ included in NCDOT rail safety study

Education

Essie Mae Kiser Foxx appeal denied, school considering options

News

Iredell County votes to move Confederate memorial to cemetery

Nation/World

Lara Trump may have eyes on running for a Senate seat

Local

Rowan among counties in Biden’s disaster declaration from November floods

Local

PETA plans protest at Salisbury Police Department on Friday

BREAKING NEWS

Essie Mae Kiser Foxx appeal denied, charter revoked

Coronavirus

29 new positives, no new COVID-19 deaths reported

Crime

Blotter: Woman charged with drug crimes

News

Nesting no more: Eagles appear to have moved on from Duke’s Buck Station

Business

The Smoke Pit leaving downtown Salisbury for standalone building on Faith Road

Education

Shoutouts

High School

High school football: Hornets’ Gaither set the tone against West

Local

Salisbury to show off new fire station

Education

Livingstone College to host virtual Big Read events this month

Local

City makes some appointments to local boards, holds off on others to seek women, appointees of color

Education

Education briefs: RCCC instructor honored by Occupational Therapy Association

Local

Second quarter financial update shows promising outlook for city’s budget

Columnists

Genia Woods: Let’s talk about good news in Salisbury

Local

City attorney will gather more information for Salisbury nondiscrimination ordinance

Education

North Hills planning to hold May fundraiser in person

East Spencer

Developers aim to transform former Dunbar School site into multi-purpose community development