Warrants cite ‘deplorable’ situation for kids
Caroline Perry Ammons, 44, was charged Saturday with possession of a controlled substance and child abuse.
Ammons, of Sun Fish Terrace, allegedly did “create and allow a substantial risk of physical injury” to two children living in the home by living in “deplorable” conditions, according to warrants. The warrants also say that drugs were openly displayed throughout the house. Both children were under the age of 16.
According to warrants, marijuana was recovered from the residence, as were a grinder and metal smoking device. The warrants also state that officers discovered a straw with white powder residue.
Ammons was charged with possession of a controlled substance schedule VI, possession of drug paraphernalia and two counts of misdemeanor child abuse. She was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $2,500 bond.
Ammons was previously charged in Harnett County with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
In other reports:
- Steven Ray Steele, 23, was charged Saturday with assault on a female. According to warrants, Steele allegedly grabbed Sara Corriher by her waist and shoved her repeatedly. The report says Steele also damaged the taillight of a vehicle belonging to Angela Corriher and stood in their yard yelling obscenities. Steele was charged with assault on a female, injury to personal property and disorderly conduct. He was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $3,000 bond.
- Codie Lea Cline, 31, of the 4300 block of Stokes Ferry Road, was charged Sunday with simple possession of a schedule IV controlled substance, possession of a schedule II controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance on prison or jail premises. According to warrants, Cline was found in possession of carisoprodol and hydrocodone while on the premises of the Rowan County Detention Center. Cline was placed under a $5,000 bond for the offense.
- Spencer Lamar Ham, 29, was arrested Saturday and charged with being a fugitive from justice. According to warrants, Ham, of 104 Crawford Street, was wanted in Sumter County, S.C., for probation violation. He was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $75,000 bond.
- Hannah Elizabeth Wilson, 24, was charged Saturday with intimidating a witness and communicating threats. According to warrants, between Feb. 23 and 25 Wilson allegedly called a witness in a case of the larceny of a firearm and told him that if he “appears in court to testify against her she was going to make sure something happened to him.” Wilson was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,500 bond.
- Jordan Elizabeth Boardman, 21, was charged Friday with two counts of cyberstalking. According to warrants, Boardman allegedly contacted the victim repeatedly “for the purpose of abusing, annoying harassing and embarrassing” them.
A cool and sunny morning greeted runners and walkers Saturday at Centenary Methodist Church. All proceeds from the Will Run... read more