Posters Feb. 24
• 24th annual Salisbury Civil War show, 5-8 p.m. Feb. 26 and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Feb. 27. Buy, sell, trade pre-Civil War through WWI. Admission $5 adults. Cornerstone Church Event Center, 315 Webb Road. 704-850-4278.
• Brunswick Stew for Missions, Saturday, Feb. 27, Faith Baptist Church, 203 N. Main St., Faith. 2-6 p.m. or until sold out. By donation. Take-out quart size stew, no sides. Eat in includes stew, crackers, drink, dessert. 704-279-3629.
• Home ownership seminar for first-time homeowners, with Robbie Stevens of Salisbury Community Development Corp. 6-7 p.m. Feb. 25, the Business Center, 1400 W. Bank St. Sponsored by Delta Sigma Theta Sorority.
• Heavenly Hot Dog Sale, Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Mount Olivet United Methodist Church, 301 Mt. Olivet Road. Homemade desserts, free delivery over $10, take-out available. 704-782-8846, www.mtochurch.com
• Black History Workshop Concert practices, 7 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. Saturday, and the concert Sunday, Feb. 28 at 3:30 p.m. at Cedar Grove AME Zion Church, Cleveland. Open to anyone that would like to participate. Angela Harding-Ellis and Jeremy Kirkpatrick, directors.
Uncertainty abounds for North Carolina’s 2016 congressional races, but election officials are advising voters to complete primary ballots as usual.... read more