Crime blotter: Granite Quarry man charged with heroin possession
By Shavonne Walker
A Granite Quarry man was charged with heroin possession after someone notified authorities there may be drug activity in the parking lot of Innes Street Station where Big Lots and Harbor Freight are located.
Salisbury Police charged Justin Drew Peterson, 35, of the 300 block of Bradford Drive, with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule I. He was issued a $5,000 secured bond and remains in the Rowan County Detention Center.
Authorities say someone called about a red Honda parked there. Officers were given permission to search the vehicle by the occupants. Police found needles in a bag along with a spoon inside the car. One person, later identified as Peterson, went inside Big Lots. A police officer went inside the store to find Peterson, who willingly consented to a search, said Police Capt. Shelia Lingle.
Peterson was found with a small plastic bag that contained 0.3 grams of black tar heroin inside.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Monday someone stole a gun from her property in the 200 block of North Ellis Street.
• A man reported Monday his property was vandalized in the 800 block of South Fulton Street.
• A woman reported Monday someone stole her dog in the 200 block of Chesapeake Drive.
• A woman reported Monday someone took her vehicle from the 100 block of Laurel Pointe Circle.
• A man reported Monday a break-in occurred in the 100 block of South Caldwell Street.
• A man reported Monday a burglary occurred in the 300 block of South Link Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday a break-in occurred in the 1000 block of Old Plank Road.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Monday he was the victim of credit card fraud in the 5700 block of Woodleaf Road.
• A man reported Monday he was the victim of credit card fraud in the 100 block of Persimmon Lane.
• A man reported Monday someone broke into his property in the 200 block of Wal Hollow Lane, Mooresville.
• Faith Farm & Equipment reported Monday a burglary occurred at 585 W. Ritchie Road.
• A woman reported Monday a burglary occurred sometime between Dec. 23 and Monday in the 200 block of Dappler Lane.
• A man reported Monday he was the victim of a burglary that occurred sometime between Dec. 19 and Dec. 27 in the 200 block of McCarns Street, Mooresville.
• A man reported Monday burglary occurred in the 400 block of Moon River Road.
• A woman reported Tuesday she was the victim of a burglary sometime between July 22, 2014 and Dec. 24, 2015 in the 5000 block of Lakeview Drive.
• Charles Logan Stiller, 16, was charged Monday with felony breaking and entering a building in the 3800 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• Dylan Andrew Martin, 16, was charged Monday with felony breaking and entering a building in the 100 block of Sunshine Lane.
• Timothy Clarence Smith, 29, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault on a female while at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Davina Teresa Thomas, 35, was charged Tuesday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance schedule I in the 1600 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• William Aaron Odom, 17, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of stolen goods in the 1600 block of Deer Creek Drive.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
By Amanda Raymond firstname.lastname@example.org The City of Salisbury has been organizing the New Year’s Eve at the Bell Tower event... read more