Woodleaf Bowling Lanes reported a burglary Thursday. According to the report, the front window of the business was smashed early Thursday morning. The business told police that several vending machines were emptied of coins, snacks and candy. Food was also taken from the bowling alley. Police estimate that less than $100 worth of items were taken.
There is a video recording of the incident, according to police Capt. Shelia Lingle, but it has not been released.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- Hertz Rental reported Wednesday that someone broke into one of their vehicles.
- A man at the 2000 block of Yost Street reported Wednesday that someone stole his Halloween decorations.
- A woman reported Wednesday that a car at the 1000 block of Klumac Road was broken into.
- Police seized marijuana Wednesday at the 700 block of Lakewood Drive.
- A man reported Thursday that a car was stolen from the 600 block of South Shaver Street.
- Jamie Jerico Horton, 23, was charged Thursday with assault by strangulation at the 2000 block of South Main Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- Robert Lee Thompson, 30 was charged Tuesday at the Sheriff’s Office with breaking and entering and possessing stolen goods.
- Ashley Lynn Bynum, 28, was charged with larceny Tuesday at the Sheriff’s Office.
- Birgit Klum Hurley, 46, was charged Tuesday at the Magistrate’s Office with maintaining a dwelling or vehicle for a controlled substance.
- Jay Edgar Hoffner, 53, was charged Tuesday with breaking and entering at the 1000 block of Panther Point Road, Richfield.
- Jeremy Edward Austin, 30, was charged Tuesday with breaking and entering at the 300 block of Nazareth Home Road, Rockwell.
- William Dean Honbarrier, 28, was charged Tuesday at the Sheriff’s Office with simple assault.
- Arthur James Jackson, 40, was charged Tuesday at the Sheriff’s Office with simple assault.