Blotter: Man finds stranger in house
A Salisbury man reported that he got a rude surprise Thursday evening when he left the shower to find an unknown man in his house. Police responded to a home at the 1300 bock of Statesville Boulevard, where a man reported that he’d heard a knock on his front door while he was taking a shower. When he went into his bedroom, he said he saw a black male standing there. The unknown man reportedly slammed the bedroom door and left the house through the bedroom window. The victim reported that the man climbed into a black Chevy Cavalier with a faded hood and drove off towards Innes Street.
Police are still searching for the man, who was reported to be about six feet tall, with short hair, and was wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans.
Police responded to a call about a stabbing Friday morning. When they arrived, they learned that the victim was walking himself to the hospital. They found him walking down the sidewalk at the 500 block of West Franklin Street with a laceration to his left knee. Officers offered to call an ambulance, but according to the report, the man said he’d walk. He declined to speak to the police about the incident.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- Fast Mobile Wireless at the 100 block of South Avalon Drive reported Wednesday that someone had broken into the store and stolen several cellphones.
- Police responded Wednesday to reports of a student causing a disturbance at the bus pick-up area at the 1200 block of North Main Street.
- A man reported a computer scam Wednesday at the 400 block of Sunset Drive.
- A man reported an assault that resulted in damage to his motorcycle Wednesday at the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
- Police discovered a drug law violation including possession of drug paraphernalia at the 600 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard on Thursday.
- Police recovered property stolen from PV Holding Corp at the 1300 block of Old Concord Road on Thursday.
- Police seized marijuana Thursday at the 400 block of Vane Avenue.
- Police seized a fraudulent ID at the 100 block of Airport Road on Thursday.
- A woman reported being struck multiple times with closed fists Thursday at the 500 block of Lakewod Drive.
- Firehouse Brew Pit at the 100 block of South Lee Street reported that a man ran out on his bar tab, Friday.
- Laquan Shaeed Davis, 21, was charged with larceny Wednesday at the 1900 block of West Innes Street.
- Rasheek Tyrell Sankey, 30, was charged with impaired driving at the 1800 block of West Innes Street, Wednesday.
- Xavier Marquez Parks, 23, was charged at the 100 block of East Liberty Street Thursday with resist, delay, and obstructing a public officer.
- James Arron Mcnight, 48, was charged Thursday with assault on a female at the 500 block of Lakewood Drive.
- Matthew Steven Cain, 29, was charged with safecracking at the intersection of North Fulton Street and West Cemetery Street Friday after he stole and broke into his parent’s safe
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A woman reported a larceny and fraud at the 100 block of Leewood Lane on Wednesday.
- Rockwell area residents reported eight vehicle break-ins on Wednesday at Graceland Place and Oak Grove Lane. Several items were stolen from the vehicles, including two firearms.
- A woman at the 100 block of Plum Tree Drive reported nine instances of unauthorized transactions from her account by a Unique Barns on Wednesday.
- An assault was reported Wednesday at the 600 block of Timber Trail, Gold Hill.
- A woman reported a breaking and entering Wednesday at the 100 block of Poteat Lane.
- A woman reported items stolen from an outbuilding at the 700 block of Thompson Road on Wednesday.
- A man reported items stolen from his car Wednesday at the 6700 block of Brooks Road in Rockwell.
- Lexus Lashonda Blackwood, 16, was charged with disorderly conduct at West Rowan High School, Wednesday.
- Barbara Jo Stephens, 40, was charged with a violent domestic violence act and a 50-b at the 200 block of Rock Spring Drive on Wednesday.
- Diana Karen Brandi, 40, was charged with simple assault Wednesday at the 400 block of Rowan Street in Granite Quarry.