Texted apology didn’t work; man charged in domestic assault
A domestic dispute that ended violently for a Salisbury woman led to an arrest Monday, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies report that a woman called them from the BP gas station in Woodleaf on Sept. 30 to report an assault. She said she had confronted her boyfriend, Randall James Livengood, 31, because she believed he was cheating on her. Livengood allegedly told her to pack her things and leave.
As she was loading items into her truck, the woman told deputies, Livengood became more and more irate. When she couldn’t close the truck’s tailgate due to wood planks in the truck bed, Livengood allegedly broke the truck bed and swung a piece of wood at the woman, hitting her across the temple.
According to the Sheriff’s Office report, a knot and swelling were clearly visible on the side of the woman’s face.
She then left the home and drove to the BP, where she called the Sheriff’s Office. While she was waiting, Livengood allegedly sent her an apology via text message.
Deputies went to the Woodleaf home to interview Livengood, and found no one home. A warrant was taken out for his arrest, and Livengood was arrested Monday and charged at the Magistrate’s Office with assault with a deadly weapon.
Livengood has previously been arrested in Rowan County for larceny, assault on a female, and reckless driving.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s department reports:
- The Timber Ridge Treatment Center at the 600 block of Timber Trail, Gold Hill, reported a burglary and vandalism Monday.
- A woman reported Monday that items had been stolen from her vehicle at the 5800 block of West N.C. 152, China Grove.
- A woman reported that she was assaulted at her home at the 100 block of Cypress Lane on Monday.
- A woman reported a burglary Monday at the 3200 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
- Ashley Ann Brewer, 25, was arrested Monday at the 200 block of North Main Street and charged with frivolous prosecution.
- Jimmie James Mahala, 47, was arrested Monday on charges of larceny at the 3200 block of Old Union Church Road.
- Shawn Christopher Starcher, 43, was arrested Monday at the 200 block of North Main Street and charged with violating a 50-b protective order.
- Taylor Rowan Timm, 19, was arrested Monday on charges of vehicle breaking and entering at the 200 block of Westfork Drive.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A man reported a burglary at the 100 block of Ridge Avenu on Tuesday.
- A woman reported a credit card fraud Tuesday at the 1000 block of Mooresville Road.
- A man at the 700 block of Ryan Street reported Tuesday that his house was broken into and items stolen.
- A man reported money stolen from a coin-operated device on Easy Street.
- A woman reported Tuesday that she was assaulted and had a gun pointed at her at the 400 block of East Liberty Street.
- A woman reported Tuesday that she was the victim of an armed robbery at the 200 block of Craver Avenue.
- A man reported items stolen Tuesday from the 400 block of North Craig Street.
CHINA GROVE — A staffing company’s rezoning request effectively died Tuesday, when the town board decided not to take action.... read more