Answers to news quiz
1. B. A flat tire — or the efforts to fix it — apparently created some kind of spark which led to the I-85 fire of the passenger bus belonging to YEP Tour Inc.
2. A. The eclectic exhibit of items from the museum’s storage rooms and people’s home collections is called “Off the Shelf.” The exhibit’s last day will be Aug. 23.
3. B. Barring any kind of upset from a write-in candidate, Feather will be elected mayor in November. It’s the first time in the modern era the town has elected a mayor separately from seats on the Board of Aldermen. In the past, aldermen chose a mayor from among themselves.
4. D. Sadowski and Baker first wrote to each other as pen pals during Baker’s senior year at A.L. Brown in 1975-76.
5. D. Authorities say heroin use has reached epidemic proportions in Rowan during the past six to seven years.
6. C. Rowan ranked 29th in tourism in 2014, with those activities bringing in $153.8 million.
7. B. Cooney and Thompson were selected to go on the trip to Singapore (and Malaysia) through the University of North Carolina’s Center for International Understanding.
8. C. The school system has suspended driver’s education until the General Assembly passes a budget.
9. C. Playing in Portland, the Rowan softball team is made up of 13 girls, ages 11 and 12.
10. A. Kitley is principal at Northwest Guilford High.
SALISBURY — Addie Glover Ketner seemed to part of a lot of firsts. She belonged to the first graduating class of... read more