Answers to news quiz
1. C. The Peace Circle meets the first Tuesday of every month at the Mean Mug on South Fulton Street.
2. A. Salisbury City Council will hold a public hearing Aug. 18 on the ordinance related to vacant, neglected and abandoned properties.
3. C. Hester has been elevated to offensive coordinator at N.C. A&T after being receivers coach in 2014.
4. D. The Wallace family provided a $320,196 gift to complete a dome on the Wallace Educational Forum.
5. B. The state GOP has called on Butner to resign and said his appointment was a clerical error, though no explanation was given beyond that. The N.C. Board of Elections will hold a public hearing at its next meeting to consider Butner’s removal.
6. D. One of the things Freeze and his daughter Amber did to celebrate the end of his trip was to visit Niagara Falls.
7. A. Vanderslice, the new USC-Aiken coach, played on the 1997 West Rowan High boys basketball team that won a state championship.
8. B. Rowan County Early College, which has an enrollment of about 235 high school students, had its first day Aug. 5.
9. D. The N.C. House bond proposal included $10.8 million to build a new visitors’ center at the battleship.
10. C. Salisbury Academy’s conservatory will offer private piano, voice and saxophone lessons to students from both Salisbury Academy and the larger community.