Answers to news quiz
1. C. Up until a few years ago, Salisbury Motor Co. was the Buick dealership.
2. D. Kannapolis City Schools will pilot the Community Eligibility Provision providing free breakfast and lunch to all students. The program is available to schools in high-poverty areas, and Kannapolis joins 22 other N.C. school districts now participating.
3. A. The Royal Giants Summer Camp has appealed to the community to provide funds so more children can attend the camp.
4. D. Illinois is not on Freeze’s Alabama to Ontario, Canada, route.
5. B. The Hubert and Blanche Ritchie Foundation paid for the 9,000-square-foot building at the fairgrounds.
6. A. The Maxwell Chambers Trust, established in 1855, owns the Bell Tower.
7. C. Goins is not a candidate for City Council.
8. B. Lawson wrote the 1709 book, “A New Voyage to the Carolinas,” based on his explorations in 1700-1701.
9. C. Alexander, who has a 27-year association with the museum, is the new executive director.
10. D. If a dome is included, it would add an extra $320,000 cost to the central school office.
SALISBURY — Scott Huler has the definite sense now that he’s walking uphill, into a more rolling terrain where the... read more