Blotter: Woman charged with cocaine possession
By Shavonne Walker
A Salisbury woman was charged Saturday night with cocaine possession following a search of her East Cemetery Street home.
Salisbury Police charged Latrisha Ann Long, 33, of the 500 block of East Cemetery Street, with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule II, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and misdemeanor failure to appear in court.
Police were at the home to serve an arrest warrant on Long for failure to appear in court. As members of the street crimes unit made their way toward the home they were approached a man who confirmed Latrisha Long lived there, but he nor she was aware of an outstanding warrant for her arrest.
Long gave the officers permission to search the home after officers smelled marijuana coming from the house. Officers found a bag on the top of the refrigerator with cocaine residue inside it. Officers also found a digital scale. Long admitted the items were hers, a report said.
She was issued a $6,000 secured bond and has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center.
In other police reports:
• It was reported on Friday that the Rowan County Fairgrounds was vandalized at 1510 Julian Road.
• A woman reported on Friday a breaking and entering at her home in the 500 block of North Shaver Street.
• A man reported on Friday someone took his gun from its holster and took off running in the 200 block of North Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of credit card fraud in the 1900 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of a physical assault in the 100 block of Edzell Drive.
• A woman reported on Saturday her alarm activated following a burglary in the 400 block of Heilig Avenue.
• A man reported on Sunday someone entered his home and stole his laptop in the 1200 block of Lakewood Drive.
• A man reported on Sunday he was the victim of a robbery in the 400 block of North Shaver Street.
• A man reported on Sunday his vehicle window was broken and someone stole a combination TV, CD and DVD player from his dash in the 900 block of Holmes Street.
• Demarcus Deshawn Tracey, 21, was charged on Friday with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule II in the 1100 block of North Main Street.
• Brandon Lee Parker, 32, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of Edzell Drive.
• Tiffany Amber Ferguson, 31, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of Edzell Drive.
• George William Lane, 27, was charged on Saturday with felony hit and run injury in the 200 block of East Fisher Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• Fairly Odd Treasures reported on Thursday there was a break-in at the business in the 200 block of Peach Orchard Road.
• A man reported on Thursday a burglary occurred in the 200 block of Peach Orchard Road.
• Sandy’s One Stop reported on Thursday a vandalism occurred at 3000 East N.C. 152.
• Michael Todd Allman, 42, was charged on Thursday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Tiffany Bryce Bell, 26, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor child abuse while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.