Answers to news quiz
1. B. Strategic Moves Aircraft Management is a private, on-demand charter service that will be leasing the hangar.
2. B. Rowan County will build a 4,200-square-foot office building next to the hangar and include $50,000 for up-fits the company needs for the hangar.
3. A. The day without plastic at A.L. Brown High was the idea of the school’s environmental club.
4. D. Lewis is playing the role of Francis Henshall in the Piedmont Players production of “One Man, Two Guvnors.”
5. C. Of 117 letters mailed, 87 told recipients of groundwater contamination on their properties that exceeds state standards.
6. A. The Rockwell Board of Aldermen has banned smoking in the town park, mostly because of the litter issue from all the butts.
7. D. The students rallying for Linville were suspended after going to the football stadium against the school administration’s orders.
8. C. The three sisters recently held their 2015 “Pinto Bean Fest,” which offered about 10 different styles of pinto beans.
9. D. The school board has placed a top priority on a new elementary school, which would represent a consolidation of Woodleaf and Cleveland schools, while plans for a new Knox Middle School have been put on hold.
10. C. Only homeowners in Avery and Mitchell counties will possibly see their insurance rates go higher than the 19 percent average in Rowan and Cabarrus counties.
SPENCER —For the most recent meeting of the Arm/Air Chapter of Rowan County, President Sid McLendon asked members to bring... read more