Answers to news quiz
1. D. Reynolds is a two-time Grammy nominee who often has performed with Dave Matthews.
2. B. Kannapolis’ purchase involves some eight blocks of buildings and 653,395 square feet of retail space.
3. B. Safrit, the reigning Miss United States, visited 10 homes in the Kannapolis area where seniors are served by Meals on Wheels.
4. A. The Kiwanis Pancake Festival started in 1957, when Kiwanians decided to give up Brunswick stew as a fundraiser.
5. A. Franklin Baptist Church will be host for a living donor drive in trying to find a kidney for Charlene Fero, who is on dialysis three days a week, for three hours each time.
6. C. Troxler hopes North Carolina’s agriculture industry revenues can reach $100 billion by 2020.
7. C. Work Pickens was the main character in Hart’s “The King of Lies.”
8. D. Stevens, a freshman at Queens, placed second in the 200 butterfly at the NCAA Division II swimming nationals in Indianapolis. She also was fourth in the 200 freestyle and 13th in the 1,000-yard freestyle.
9. D. The seventh annual Salisbury Sculpture Show will feature 19 sculptures installed around the downtown and on the city’s four college campuses. They will remain in place until January 2016.
10. B. Rowan County Social Services is projected to need an additional 20,190 square feet over the next 15 years.
By Mark Wineka firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — Most Friday afternoons at Camp Lemonnier in Djibouti, Africa, U.S. Naval Reserve officers Mark Benson and Lisa... read more