Answers to news quiz
1. D. Natives of Guatemala, the Medinas have a run a successful construction company, Medina Construction, in addition to now opening Mean Mug Coffee
2. A. “Cats” continues with a 2:30 p.m. matinee today at the Meroney Theater and performances at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday.
3. A. Auditions for the Phoenix Readers are being held at 2 p.m. today in the lower level of Haven Lutheran Church.
4. C. Remains of Morgan, who has a surviving daughter and son in Rowan County, were unearthed in a mountainous region of Laos. The Air Force plane he was a crew member on went down in that region March 13, 1966.
5. B. BeBops will relocate to 320 S. Salisbury Ave., Spencer, the former home to the Iron Horse Bar & Grill.
6. D. Employment at the N.C. Research Campus is just below 1,100 people.
7. B. Kidd is the new chairman, a position he also held from 2005-2009.
8. D. While the state allows school districts to charge up to $65 per student for driver education, Rowan-Salisbury does not.
9. C. Bea Davis opened Virginia’s in 1942. Three generations have kept it going.
10. B. Smart Start Rowan works with children, prenatal to age 5, and is the first nonprofit to earn United Way status in more than 10 years.
Would you like some water with your glass of arsenic? Perhaps you’d prefer to make tea with well water. Don’t... read more