Relay for Life of Rowan County March and April events
The following are upcoming fundraising events to benefit Relay for Life of Rowan County for March and April:
• Team Chaz is taking orders for Cakes-in-a-Jar for a suggested donation of $4 each. Those interested can choose chocolate or old fashioned pound cake. The Relay team also has microwaveable (corn-filled) heating pads for a donation of $5 each. Contact a team member, email email@example.com or call 704-490-2619 and be sure to leave a message.
• BUNCO for Relay For Life, on Friday, March 20, at 6:30 p.m. social & registration, $10 to play at 7 p.m. at Kimball Memorial Lutheran Church, 101 Vance St., Kannapolis. Appetizers, drinks, desserts will be available. Attendees are encouraged to wear purple to show support for Relay For Life of Rowan County. Must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Relay Team FBC Salisbury hosts “Return of the Legends” featuring Matthew Weaver on Saturday, March 21, 6:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church First Ministry Center. All profits go to Relay For Life of Rowan County. To purchase tickets in advance for $15 visit Barnhardt Jewelers, 314 S. Salisbury Ave., Spencer and Stitchin’ Post Gifts, 104 S. Main St., Salisbury. First Ministry Center is located at 220 N. Fulton St. For information, contact Linda at 704-223-7357 or email@example.com.
• Chicken Noodle Dinner will be served by the Sweet Potato Queens on Saturday, March 28 from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. in the Organ Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall. The meal includes chicken and noodles, slaw, crackers and desserts. Donations are $6, or $3 for children under 6. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-213-1046. Organ Lutheran Church is located at 1515 Organ Church Road, Salisbury.
• Celebrate Bark For Life of Rowan County on Saturday, April 11 at Hurley Park, from 11 a.m.to 3 p.m. Participants can register their dog for $15 prior to the event (additional dogs $10 each). The donation will be $20 for first dog on the day of the event. Set up for the event begins at 9 a.m., registration begins at 10 a.m. and the opening ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. The day includes blessing of the animals, a survivors lap, celebratory music, contest vendors, food, and demonstrations by search and rescue crews and therapy dogs.
• Livin’ Good Livengood team will host All-You-Can-Eat Fish Fry, Saturday, April 11 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Rockwell United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall. Organizers are seeking a $10 donation for adults and $5 donation for children 10 and younger. The menu includes flounder and catfish, fries, slaw, hushpuppies, a drink and dessert. Carry out available with four pieces of fish and all the fixin’s.
• You and three golfing buddies are welcome to the 10th Annual Livin’ Good Livengood Relay For Life Golf Tournament on Saturday, April 18 at Corbin Hills Golf Club. Enjoy a burger or hot dog lunch at 12:30 p.m. and hit the tees at 2 p.m. The cost is $50 per person or $200 per team in advance. Cash prizes will be offered. The format is Captain’s Choice with four member teams. Interested participants are asked to register before April 1 with Jeff at 704-279-8348 or Beth at 704-640-6302.
• Wake up early for the Sweet Potato Queens annual Spring Yard Sale for Relay on Saturday, April 25 from 7 a.m. until noon at Ursinus Church of Christ. The yard sale includes household items, collectibles, clothing and toys. For more information contact Ann at 704-279-5783. Ursinus Church is located at 116 W. Main St., Rockwell.
• Relay For Life invites all Rowan County cancer survivors to the annual Survivors and Caregivers Dinner on Saturday, April 25 at 5 p.m. at the First Baptist Church of Salisbury First Ministry Center. Team BJ & Friends will serve grilled chicken, slaw, baked beans, rolls and desserts. The dinner is free to survivors, but caregivers and other guests are asked to make a $5 donation. Valet parking is available. Survivors are asked to register at www.relayforlife.org/rowannc or call Tisha at 704-640-6043.
• Relay For Life Bowling, Woodleaf Lanes, third Monday in March and April, $15 per person up to three games. For more information and to register, contact Felicia at email@example.com or 704-245-2592.
• Bounce City $2 each admission to Relay with a card through April 20. Contact team members Felicia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-245-2592.
• Spencer Doll & Toy Museum, $1 admission to Relay when you mention us through May 1.
By Shavonne Walker email@example.com Salisbury Police charged a man Wednesday with felony cocaine possession following a narcotics investigation. Robert Lewis... read more