Posters March 6
• Gay’s Chapel UMC barbecue fundraiser, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday. Barbecued chicken or pork dinner, red slaw, bread, chips, dessert, drink. Eat in or take out. $8.50 per plate. Benefits missions. 5545 Woodleaf Road, 704-633-8402.
• Annual chicken and dumpling dinner by Shiloh UMC United Methodist Women, 4 p.m. until, Saturday, Shiloh UMC Fellowship Hall. By donation only, a 40 year tradition. Dine in or carry out. Homemade chicken salad for sale $6/pint.
• MURDOCK Study’s Walk With a Doc, 9 a.m. Saturday. “What are triglycerides and how can I lower my levels?” followed by a stroll with local physicians. Gather at Neal Davis Gazebo, Les Myers Community Park, 130 Lawndale Ave. SE, Concord.
• Love Ministries fundraiser prayer breakfast, 10 a.m. Saturday, New Hope AME Zion Church, 1470 Long St., Spencer Extension. Requested donation $10 at the door or call Rev. Patricia Hunt Wilson at 704-640-6283.
• Celebration of Life, a friendly gathering of breast cancer survivors, 1 p.m. March 9 and all second Mondays at Ryan’s Steakhouse, Jake Alexander Blvd. We are also an active Relay For Life team. Information: Marymaryknappnc@gmail.com or 980-234-4479 and leave a message.
• Meals on Wheels of Rowan annual BBQ fundraiser, 11a.m.-6:30 p.m. March 10: at First Presbyterian Church, 308 West Fisher St. BBQ, roll, baked beans, slaw, dessert. Take out or dine in. Min. 5 meals for delivery. $8 per plate. Food prepared by College Barbecue. Info, tickets, delivery 704-633-0352.
• Port A Pit chicken dinner sale on March 14 at Salisbury Elks Lodge, 508 S. Main St. from 11 a.m. until sold out. Plates $9 each, consist of: 1/2 chicken, potato salad, slaw, roll and drink. Sponsored by The Steppin’ Out Social Club.
• Call for vendors: J.C. Price Post 107 seeks vendor applications for American Legion 2015 Memorial Week Celebration r May 27 -June 7. Vendors must apply to Health Department for permit 30 days prior to first day of event. Contact Abe Daniels at 704-754-5412 or 704-640-1893.
• TOPS NC 437 Weekly best losers for February: Carole Lewis, Kay Kiser. Monthly best loser is Manual Overcash. Contest winner is Manual Overcash. TOPS meets 10 a.m. Tuesdays at Lane Street Baptist Church, 2532 Lane St. Kannapolis. Info: Linda Ramsey, 704-938-3634.