Answers to news quiz
1. B. Commissioners are expected to see the space needs study March 2.
2. B. Deah Barakat’s mother and father, Namee and Layla Barakat, lived in Salisbury for a couple years in the 1980s. Their oldest child, Suzanne, was born here. Deah’s uncle Nabeg Barakat also lived and worked in Salisbury for several years.
3. A. “Comedy of Errors” will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday in Hedrick Little Theatre.
4. B. Bailey, 51, has been city manager in Lenoir for more than 10 years.
5. C. Sofley will receive a $580 bonus for each month he has been interim city manager.
6. B. Erica Parsons’ brother said he last saw her in November 2011.
7. C. Superintendent Dr. Lynn Moody said the extra 10 minutes are to provide more instructional time and more options when dealing with inclement weather, but they were never meant to substitute for makeup days in the schedule.
8. D. James Meacham, executive director of the Tourism Development Authority, said digital infrastructure would be the largest single cost for rebranding.
9. D. Gardner and Jenkins have opened Silver Star Recording.on South Main Street.
10. C. Historic Thousands on Jones Street is also known as the Moral March.