Town Crier community events, Jan. 19-25
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day
• Moved to Tuesday: Rowan County Board of Commissioners.
• Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners, 6:30 p.m., Cabarrus County Governmental Center, 65 Church St., SE, Concord.
• Harold B. Jarrett American Legion, dinner 7 p.m., meeting follows meal.
• Spencer Historic Preservation Commission, 7 p.m., Town Hall.
Tuesday, Jan. 20
• Free coffee and doughnuts for veterans, 9-11 a.m., Frontier Coffee Shoppe in Thelma’s Restaurant, West End Plaza.
• TOPS NC 437, 10 a.m., Lane St. Baptist Church, 2532 Lane St., Kannapolis. Weigh-ins 9:30 a.m. Information Linda Ramsey, 704-938-3634.
• Rowan County Senior Democrats, 1 p.m., RPL Hurley Room, 201 W. Fisher St. Matilda Phillips, pres. of NC Senior Democrats.
• Rowan County Board of Commissioners, 6 p.m., 130 W. Innes St.
• Salisbury City Council, 4 p.m., City Hall, 217 S. Main St.
• VFW Post 9131, 6:30 p.m., 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road, Commander Hercules Shannon, 704-798-2032.
• American Legion, Faith Post 327, 7 p.m., Commander Kevin Cauble, 704-279-1430.
Wednesday, Jan. 21
• Salisbury Academy Summer Camp Fair, noon-5:30 p.m., Salisbury Academy, 2210 Jake Alexander Blvd. N, Jill Wagoner, 704-636-3002, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Meal at Pine Ridge Baptist Church, 6:30 p.m., doors open 6:15 p.m. 880 Old Linn Road, China Grove, 704-857-3182.
• Rowan Museum Board of Trustees, 4 p.m., 202 N. Main St.
• TLC Support Group for widows/widowers, Powles Funeral Home, 913 W. Main St., Rockwell, 704-279-7241.
Thursday, Jan. 22
• Salisbury Academy Sneak Peek, 10 a.m., Salisbury Academy, 2210 Jake Alexander Blvd. N, Amy Goodnight 704.636.3002, ext. 130, email@example.com
• Rowan Redbuds Garden Club, 1 p.m., RPL Stanback Room, 201 W. Fisher St. 704-638-0575 or 704-636-9526
• People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. W., Glenda Edwards 828-310-8491, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Caring for the Caregiver, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Alzheimer’s support group, Rufty Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. Sara Maloney, 704-637-3940.
• Fulton Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• Salisbury Academy JK/K Preview Night, 6:30 p.m., Salisbury Academy, 2210 Jake Alexander Blvd. N, Amy Goodnight 704.636.3002, ext. 130, email@example.com
• Rowan Democratic Party David Post will be the speaker, 6:30 p.m., Commissioners Room of County Building, 130 W. Innes St.
• Rowan Brain Injury support group, 7 p.m., 108 Dorsett Drive, off Statesville Blvd., Nadine Cherry 980-622-7732, Mary Sechler 704-905-2353, The Arc of Rowan 704-637-1521.
• North Hills Christian School State of School meeting, 7 p.m., Helen Kelly Smith Gymnasium 2970 W. Innes St., 704-636-3005 x 110, www.northhillschristian.com
• Carolina Historical Association for Metal Detecting, 7:30 p.m., Grace Ridge Club House, 2815 Grace Church Road, 704-310-6321, 336-474-7268
Saturday, Jan. 24
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30-10 a.m., 8:30-10 a.m., Connect Christian Church, 3101 Davidson Highway, Concord.
• R A Clement Association, 9 a.m., Allen Temple Presbyterian Church, Cleveland.
• West Rowan Neighborhood Center Advisory Council, R.A. Clement Old Bldg./Allen Temple Church. Leonard Hall, 704-278-9116 or John Woods, 704-278-0096.
• Listings based on last best information received. Confirm before attending.
• Listings for arts & entertainment events can be found in Time Out or at www.salisburypost.com > entertainment > time out > roundabout
• Listings for church events can be found in Saturday’s Faith section or at www.salisburypost.com > lifestyle > faith
Question: As a person who enjoys walking through Chestnut Hills cemetery for exercise, I enjoyed the recent pictures of the... read more