Blotter: Salisbury woman charged with heroin possession
Rowan County officials charged a Salisbury woman with heroin possession after they went to her home with Charlotte-Mecklenburg authorities to serve an arrest warrant.
Officials went to the home, in the 200 block of Trading Path Court, on Wednesday and met Jessica Marie Erwin at the door.
Erwin gave law enforcement consent to search the home. An officer noticed a syringe with a brown liquid inside that later was determined to be heroin.
Erwin, 21, was charged by Rowan authorities with felony possession of heroin and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Officials said there was .1 gram of heroin in the syringe.
Erwin remains in the Mecklenburg County jail under a $136,000 secured bond and faces a number of charges in Rowan County and elsewhere.
She’s been charged in Mecklenburg County with felony conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon, felony robbery with a dangerous weapon, felony first-degree burglary, felony first-degree kidnapping and felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
She’s been charged in Iredell County with misdemeanor larceny.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was contacted by a fraudulent company in the 2200 block of Old Concord Road.
• Deputies responded on Wednesday to the 300 block of North Salisbury Avenue, Spencer.
• A man reported on Wednesday two of his vehicles were broken into in the 7400 block of Pop Basinger Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone stole her garbage can in the 2400 block of Lentz Road, China Grove.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she gave her social security number to someone after they claimed they were with the Internal Revenue Service, while in the 100 block of Country Lane.
• A man reported on Wednesday a larceny occurred in the 13200 block of Cool Springs Road, Cleveland.
• A man reported on Wednesday items were stolen from his vehicle in the 7600 block of Pop Basinger Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported on Wednesday a larceny occurred in the 100 block of Cranford Road.
In police reports:
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of fraud in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone entered her home and stole two TVs on Shives Street.
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of a larceny in the 1200 block of North Main Street.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone stole her purse and its contents sometime between Tuesday and Wednesday from her vehicle in the 500 block of Heilig Avenue.
• A woman reported on Thursday her son assaulted her in the 2200 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• Stephanie Flint Hancock, 39, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor larceny at Walmart.
• Stephen Christopher Roseman, 23, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor larceny at Walmart.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.