Blotter: 3 charged a week after being accused of beating man whose brother owed them money
Rowan authorities say they’ve charged three people who have been accused of beating a teen with a camp shovel because the victim’s brother owed them money.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Christopher Savario Arlotta, 25; Jonathan Bruce Euart, 24; and Tiffany Nichole Cox, 21, all of the 100 block of Hubert Lane, each with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon and misdemeanor second-degree trespassing. An arrest warrant said the three used a camping shovel to hit Nathan Euguene Surratt in the stomach and behind the head. The trespassing charge is because officials said Surratt’s mother asked them to leave and they did not.
Cox has been charged additionally with misdemeanor communicating threats. Warrants said Cox drove the vehicle the men got into when they left. She is also accused of telling Surratt’s mother her son was a “marked man” and Euart and Arlotta were going to “beat the hell out of him.”
Surratt, 19, was left with a slight concussion and bruised ribs. He was at his mother’s Artz Road home when the family heard a noise outside. He went outside to check it out and was approached by two men who were known by the nicknames “Spike” and “Fat Back,” a report said.
Officials with the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office said Surratt’s brother, Michael, is accused of owing Fat Back and Spike, who were his roommates, $163 for a utility bill. Michael had recently moved in with his mother.
Reportedly, the two roommates said he needed to pay “or else.”
All three have since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center, each under a $2,500 secured bond.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Erwin Middle School reported on Monday a larceny occurred at the school.
• A man reported on Monday an accidental shooting occurred in the 1800 block of Enon Church Road.
• A woman reported on Monday someone forced their way into her property in the 200 block of Arrowood Road.
• Kannapolis Moose Lodge reported on Monday a larceny occurred in a building sometime between Jan. 7 and Jan. 8 in the 900 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
• Jason Paul Elliott, 37, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor larceny in the 9100 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• Aarmando Randall Garcia, 17, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor assault in the 600 block of Trexler Loop.
• Stephanie Leigh Nichole Deal, 37, and Mitchell Shane Deal, 39, were each charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 100 block of Chics Pond Road, Kannapolis.
In police reports:
• A man reported on Monday someone took items from his vehicle in the 100 block of Ridge Avenue.
• Police responded on Monday to a case of drug possession in the 800 block of East Innes Street.
• Raymond Carter, 20, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 400 block of Partee and Monroe streets.
• William Matthew Carmichael, 26, was charged on Monday with felony larceny by employees in the 1100 block of West Fisher Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.