Blotter: Teen charged with taking assistant principal’s credit card
Rowan authorities charged a teen with credit card fraud after he was accused of taking a credit card from an assistant principal at Southeast Middle School.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Kevin Thien Dinh, 16, with felony larceny of credit card and felony card fraud. He was issued a $2,500 secured bond and has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center.
A report said Assistant Principal Christopher Boylan reported on Thursday a student took his credit card.
Dinh was called to the office and he said he left the card inside a boy’s restroom at the school. Officials retrieved the card from where Dinh said it was located. It is not clear how the student obtained the card or whether he used it to make purchases.
Boylan had to call his card company to cancel the card, a report said.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported on Thursday with someone took a moped from his property in the 6900 block of Beaver Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone called and tried to convince her to send money to a pay a debt she did not owe in the 900 block of Jones Road, Mount Ulla.
• A teacher reported on Thursday a student pushed her as he left the classroom and once in the office refused to comply with the school resource officer and tried to slam the door on the officer at East Rowan High.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone made unauthorized payments from er bank account in the 5100 block of Foster Road.
• West Rowan High reported on Thursday someone stole a computer from the 4700 block of Sherrills Ford Road.
• Rushco No. 18 reported someone stole four beers from the store, 1190 Long Ferry Road.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone stole money from her home after breaking into it in the 1000 block of East 22nd Street.
• A man reported on Thursday a home invasion and armed robbery occurred in the 200 block of Trading Path Court.
• Amanda Dawn Howard, 26, was charged on Thursday with simple assault while at the Rowan County courthouse.
• Loretta Brown Stancil, 41, was charged on Thursday with simple assault in the 100 block of North Main Street.
• Melissa Ann Link, 40, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 100 block of Bee Tree Lane.
In police reports:
• A man reported on Friday someone stole wiring from his rental house on Dec. 19 in the 1100 block of Bryce Avenue.
• A man reported on Friday someone was threatening him in the 1200 block of North Main Street.
• Police responded on Friday a simple assault occurred in the 200 block of West D Avenue.
• Quality Care Developmental Services reported on Friday a vandalism occurred in the 300 block of Harrel Street.
• Belk Dept. Store reported on Friday someone obtained property by false pretenses in the 1400 block of Klumac Road.
• A woman reported on Friday someone took her vehicle in the 800 block of Maupin Avenue.
• A woman reported on Friday she was assaulted by her boyfriend in the 400 block of Wiley Avenue and Jordan Street.
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of larceny in the 300 block of East Innes Street.
• Police found on Friday a man in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after he was illegally parked in the 600 block of Cherry Street.
• A man reported on Friday an assault occurred in the 600 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Catawba College reported on Saturday a larceny occurred sometime between Nov. 20 and Saturday in the 2200 block of Yost Street.
• Magic Mart reported on Saturday someone used a counterfeit bill at the store, 725 South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Police responded on Saturday to an incident where drug paraphernalia was seized at the 400 block of Partee and West Monroe streets.
• Pristine Property Preservations reported on Sunday a larceny occurred sometime between Dec. 25 and Jan. 3 in the 600 block of Mooresville Road.
• A woman reported on Sunday a robbery occurred in the 1400 block of Lakewood Drive.
• Prince Frazier, 19, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 300 block of Faith Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
Police charged a teen with marijuana possession and cited another following a Thursday afternoon traffic stop. Jhannatan Jaramillo Macedo, 17,... read more