Blotter: Salisbury Police find marijuana in East Horah Street apartment
Salisbury Police charged a Salisbury man Tuesday with selling marijuana from an East Horah Street apartment.
Raymond Lee Burch Jr., 25, of the 500 block of East Fisher Street, was charged with felony sell or deliver a controlled substance schedule VI and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
Authorities received information that drug activity was taking place there. When police went to the door they could smell marijuana from an apartment. Officers were given permission to enter and saw marijuana and several other items on an end table.
Officers seized 12.2 grams of marijuana, a digital scale, marijuana grinder and sandwich bags. They also found and confiscated a smoking pipe underneath a love seat.
Burch has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center under a $10,000 secured bond. Burch was convicted in 2008 of felony breaking and entering and in 2005 of misdemeanor simple assault.
In other police reports:
• Police investigated on Tuesday stolen property and an individual driving while impaired in the 500 block of North Shaverand East Franklin streets.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone obtained items from her fraudulently while at Walmart.
• Police investigated on Tuesday a marijuana incident in the 1800 block of West Innes Street.
• A man reported on Tuesday a burglary occurred in the 200 block of Green Street.
• Curtis Carl Cowan, 49, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor stalking in the 1000 block of North Long Street.
• Devin Allen Kelly, 21, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor stalking in the 600 block of Harrel Street.
In Sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported on Monday he was the victim of a simple assault in the 17000 block of Oak Breeze Circle, Mooresville.
• A man reported on Monday his vehicle was stolen in the 200 block of Jarrett Drive.
• A man reported on Monday a larceny occurred in the 1700 block of Sherrills Ford Road.
• Deputies found drug paraphernalia on Monday during a probation search in the 200 block of Gay Lane, Mooresville.
• A woman reported on Monday she was the victim of a larceny that occurred in the 200 block of Pickler Road.
• A woman reported on Monday someone took items from her vehicle in the 6400 block of Enochville Circle, Kannapolis.
• A man reported on Monday an accidental shooting occurred in the 200 block of Dew Lane, Gold Hill.
• A man reported on Monday he shot some dogs who killed his goats and then charged at him in the 400 block of Homer Corriher Road, China Grove.
• A woman reported on Monday she was the victim of a larceny that occurred in the 3300 block of Saint Peters Church Road.
• A teen reported on Monday individuals were harassing him on the Nazareth Children’s Home grounds and at East Rowan in the 700 block of Crescent Road, Rockwell.
• Melissa Reid Bahr, 39, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 17000 block of Oak Breeze Circle, Mooresville.
• Matthew Charles Everhart, 29, was charged on Monday with felony uttering a forged instrument while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Jessup Joe Buckwell, 23, was charged on Monday with felony breaking and entering in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Levi Ronald Tucker, 21, was charged on Monday with felony financial transaction card theft in the 1400 block of East 152.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
West Rowan Middle School’s eighth-grade science students are extra prepared for the flu season after they spent some time Monday... read more