Salisbury pair charged with marijuana possession during traffic stop
Two people were charged with marijuana possession after strange behavior at a traffic stop led an officer to continue pursuit.
Police charged Cameron Garrett Lefear, 22, and Sashique Andrica Dillon, 22, both of the 700 block of West Monroe Street, each with possession of a marijuana with the intent to sell and deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors.
A Salisbury Police officer got behind a red vehicle with a Michigan license plate. The driver of the suddenly pulled in front a house on Vance Avenue.
The driver, later identified as Lefear, got out of the vehicle, knocked on the door and motioned for the passenger to get out as well. The passenger, later identified as Dillon, got out of the car. Both then got back into the car. The officer circled around the block and pulled in behind the vehicle.
The driver stepped from the vehicle with his hands up and walked quickly toward the officer, a report said.
The officer instructed Lefear to get back inside the car, but in doing so the officer could smell marijuana coming from the vehicle. Lefear got back inside and took off.
He stopped a short time later then refused to get out when the officer instructed him.
The officer was able to search the vehicle and found marijuana flakes and $320 on Lefear. The officer also found a small plastic sandwich bag with one gram of marijuana inside and a water bottle with a plastic bag inside that contained a marijuana cigarette. The officer also found an iPhone box with cigarillos and loose tobacco.
A report said at the same time the officer was making the traffic stop, an elderly woman who lived at the Vance Avenue address said people were knocking on her door, but she didn’t know them and was worried.
Lefear has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center under a $5,000 secured bond and Dillon remains in the county jail under a $3,000 secured bond.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported on Monday she was assaulted after her ex-boyfriend forced his way into her apartment in the 100 block of Clancy Street.
• A woman reported on Sunday her vehicle was vandalized in the 400 block of Lash Drive.
• Police responded on Monday to a driving while impaired and hit and run offense in the 800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard and Brenner Avenue.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of an assault in the 100 block of Tupelo Circle.
• A woman reported on Friday someone took items from her property in the 11300 block of Old Concord Road, Rockwell.
• Deputies seized a handgun, ammunition, and a gun permit on Friday per a 50-B domestic violence protective order in the 100 block of Grampian Road, Mount Ulla.
• Bojangles’ reported on Friday someone used a counterfeit $5 at the restaurant, 975 Peeler Road.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of a burglary that occurred in the 200 block of First Corriher Street, China Grove.
• A woman reported on Saturday someone took items from her home while she was away in the 1300 block of Briarwood Terrace.
• A man reported on Saturday a four-wheeler was taken from his property in the 300 block of Molasses Mill Road.
• A man reported on Saturday a vehicle theft in the 8100 block of Smith Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Saturday a vandalism incident occurred in the 1300 block of Neel Road.
• A man reported on Saturday items were stolen from his vehicle in the 12300 block of Cool Springs Road, Cleveland.
• A man reported on Saturday a larceny occurred in the 1000 block of Hurley School Road.
• A woman reported on Saturday her home was burglarized in the 100 block of Ashley Drive.
• A man reported on Saturday a Bobcat skid steer was stolen from the 13900 block of U.S. 52, Gold Hill.
• A man reported on Sunday someone broke into his vehicle in the 1200 block of Powell Road, Woodleaf.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone broke into her vehicle and took items in the 1500 block of West N.C. 152, China Grove.
• A man reported on Sunday his property was vandalized in the 2100 block of Parks Road and Peregrine Way.
• Michael Shane Martin, 41, was charged on Friday with felony assault by strangulation in the 100 Tupelo Circle.
• Laura Loredo Carranza, 39, was charged on Friday with felony aiding and abetting in the 100 block of Elliott Drive.
• Gladys Torres, 52, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 400 block of 15th Street.
• Frederick Maurice Campbell, 44, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor communicating threats, while at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Wignelia Yzeut Torres, 38, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 100 block of Clancy Street.
• Brandon Phillip Bate, 24, was charged on Friday with driving while impaired and speeding at Mooresville Road and Corriher Grange Road, Mount Ulla.
• Taquandra Annquanette Baldwin, 25, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor larceny in the 300 block of Foster Lane.
• Nicole Louise Coursey, 28, was charged on Friday with habitual felon while at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Maliek Raheem Bryant, 21, was charged on Saturday with felon first-degree burglary in the 3000 block of Airport and Mooresville roads.
• Travon Marquise Ellis, 19, was charged on Saturday with felony first-degree burglary in the 1300 block of Briarwood Terrace.
• Peter James Ramseur, 37, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor school attendance law violation in the 200 block of Meadow Lane, Mooresville.
• Jeremy Wayne Miller, 26, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor cyberstalking in the 7600 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• Jennifer Noel Simon, 28, was charged on misdemeanor driving while impaired in the 2100 block of Mooresville Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
Salisbury Pastor Russell Smyre has partnered with the Salisbury Police to host an anti-gang event and community relations seminar focusing... read more