Blotter: Teens accused of breaking into storage shed
Authorities say two teens accused of breaking into a storage shed at a Stokes Ferry Road home left a backpack behind.The break-in occurred Dec. 16 and officials say this is not the first break-in the teens are said to have been involved in, a report said.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Jeremy Warren Price, 16, of the 1200 block of North Main Street, and Conner Shane Stillson, 17, of the 400 block of Mainsail Road, each with felony breaking and entering, injury to personal property and felony larceny after breaking and entering.
Stillson remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $37,000, of which $5,000 is related to the break-in and the remainder for drug trafficking charges.
Warren remains in the county jail under a $35,000 secured bond, of which a portion stems from a break-in that occurred the same day also at a home on Stokes Ferry Road. He was given a $5,000 secured bond in this storage building break-in.
A report said the victim reported on Saturday his Harley Davidson motorcycle was damaged and had been moved from his storage building. The bike’s front fender and gas tank were both dented. It appeared someone moved it from the storage building to the front porch and dropped it at some point.
The owner said he noticed a few days later his mountain bike was also missing from the same storage building. He found a blue and white backpack that contained two hooded sweatshirts and other assorted items.
A member of the sheriff’s office Aggressive Criminal Enforcement (ACE) Team stopped Stillson who was walking along Bringle Ferry Road and Goodman Lake Road. He was charged with drug charges — trafficking opium or heroin, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of drugs on jail premises and misdemeanor possession of schedule VI controlled substance.
During an interview with Stillson, he told authorities he broke into the storage building and Price accompanied him, a report said.
He also said Price had the backpack, which contained items stolen from a home break-in that was being investigated by the Salisbury Police. In that incident police say a 75-year-old woman outsmarted Price who broke into her home. She tricked him into going outside by asking who he was looking for during the break-in. He gave her a name and the woman said the teen had the wrong house. She ushered him outside and locked the door behind him.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported on Friday a 15-year-old stole her vehicle and ran away in the 100 block of Cimmaron Circle, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Friday someone damaged her mailbox and those of her neighbors in the 300 block of Faith Farm Road.
• A woman reported on Friday someone damaged her mailbox in the 1000 block of Heatherdale Road.
• A man reported on Friday someone damaged his mailbox in the 1000 block of Heatherdale Road.
• A man reported on Friday someone stole his vehicle batteries and other items from this property in the 10020 block of Unity Church Road, Mooresville.
• A woman reported on Friday someone took jewelry from her home in the 3700 block of Goodman Lake Road.
• A man reported on Friday finding a bag of assorted security monitoring equipment located in the woods near where he hunts in the 18700 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Gold Hill.
• A man reported on Friday his doors were damaged when someone tried to break into his home in the 300 block of Zion Church Road, Gold Hill.
• A man reported on Friday thieves took items from his home in the 100 block of Ashley Drive.
• A woman reported on Friday her home was broken into and items were taken from the 5500 block of Calvin Lane, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of a physical assault in the 900 block of East 22nd Street, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Friday someone broke into her vehicle in the 5300 block of Grandeur Drive.
• A man reported on Saturday someone took items from his vehicle in the 7100 block of Grandeur Drive.
• A man reported on Saturday someone took items from his property in the 900 block of Webb Road.
• A man reported on Saturday he was the victim of a theft from his pickup in the 100 block of Stone Mill Circle.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole items from his vehicle in the 4300 block of Grandeur Drive.
• A man reported on Saturday someone broke into his car in the 1000 block of Mill Wheel Drive.
• A man reported on Saturday someone came into his home and assaulted him in the 19100 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported on Sunday she found a trailer broken into while the renters were away in the 8400 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was assaulted in the 300 block of Bramblewood Drive.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone vandalized her property in the 100 block East Ridge Road.
• A man reported on Sunday someone broke into his property in the 2000 block of West C Street, Kannapolis.
• Serena Shae Beck, 29, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 2100 block of 7th Street.
• Lindsay Jean Stack, 29, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 900 East 22nd Street, Kannapolis.
• Cameron Jamar Neely, 27, was charged on Friday with felony possession of firearm by felon while at the Rowan Sheriff’s Office.
• Joseph Michael Stack, 30, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 900 East 22nd Street, Kannapolis.
• Antowane Dennis Koontz, 35, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor simple assault while at the Rowan Sheriff’s Office.
• Steven Kyle Pennington, 22, was charged on Saturday with felony breaking and entering into vehicles while at Mault’s Texico, China Grove.
• Karie Hinson Kiser, 39, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor driving while license revoked at Crescent Road and Pop Stirewalt Road, Rockwell.
• William Arthur Hagner, 77, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 300 block of Bramblewood Drive.
• Richard Beron Harrison, 41, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor communicating threats while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Mark Wayne Childers, 52, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun in the 300 block of North Main Street.
In police reports:
• A teen reported on Monday an assault occurred at Salisbury High.
• A woman reported on Monday her home was damaged by tenants between Dec. 15 and Dec. 18 causing $3,450 worth of damages in the 200 block of West 10th Street.
• Walmart reported on Monday someone tried to return on Dec. 16 fraudulently obtained merchandise for a gift card.
• A man reported on Monday he was assaulted by a patient while at the hospital.
• Bank of America reported on Monday a customer said someone used her credit card without her authorization sometime between Nov. 4 and Dec. 17 in the 500 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A man reported on Monday a dog bite occurred in the 200 block of West Lafayette Street.
• A man reported on Tuesday he was assaulted by his wife in the 1300 block of West Bank Street.
• Rodney Smith, 17, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 500 block of Lincolnton Road.
• Regina Nicole Addison, 23, was charged on Monday with simple assault in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Stacy Evette Butler Herndon, 44, was charged on Tuesday with simple assault in the 1300 block of West Bank Street.